Warm your winter up to the spicy aroma of homemade gingerbread waffles!
With crispy edges, a soft center, and flavored with molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, this is a waffle recipe that’s worth getting up for!
Top them with syrup, whipped cream, and powdered sugar for a delicious breakfast.
A Warm Cozy Twist on Waffles!
Swap out your usual waffle recipe for these spiced gingerbread waffles.
- Fall is the time for savory flavors like pumpkin pie and gingerbread spice. This easy recipe gets hot and delicious waffles on the table in less than 10 minutes! Simply mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and cook away!
- Any waffle size will do! Belgium waffles, standard, or even little mini-sized waffles with a Dash chaffle make gingerbread waffles that can be ready for breakfast or dessert!
- Make ahead and freeze between sheets of parchment paper. Simply pop them into a toaster from frozen and they’re good as new!
Ingredients for Gingerbread Waffles
Dry Ingredients – The dry ingredients include all-purpose flour, baking powder, and spices. They’re all ingredients you likely have on hand
Wet Ingredients – Eggs, molasses, oil, and milk with a bit of brown sugar.
Use buttermilk in place of milk, and for a dairy-free waffle, almond, oat, or coconut milk will produce the same fluffy and delicious results.
How to Make Gingerbread Waffles
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a preheated, greased waffle iron and cook until crispy (as per the recipe below).
Gingerbread Waffle Toppings
Fruit – Sliced apples, pears, strawberries, fresh blueberries, and any kind of canned pie filling will all make gingerbread waffles taste amazing!
Toppings – Aside from maple syrup (warmed, thank you!), homemade caramel sauce, strawberry sauce, warm fudge sauce, and homemade whipped cream make gingerbread waffles a truly decadent breakfast or brunch dish! We also like homemade vanilla ice cream, over a warm and crispy gingerbread waffle for dessert!
More Breakfast Recipes
Did you enjoy these Gingerbread Waffles? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ⅓ cup milk or as needed
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl whisk wet ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring until it is just combined.
- Pour batter onto the greased waffle iron, close the lid, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.