I often post pie recipes because pie is generally pretty easy to make and something my family really enjoys! I like pie but now that I’ve met this pie, I LOVE pie!
This amazing pie has a crust filled with a homemade cream filling that has been kissed with fresh lemon and then is topped with luscious fresh strawberries. Not only is it gorgeous, but it is seriously delicious! My family completely devoured this!
Keep in mind the recipe below makes 2 pies, which is perfect because these will not last long!
Fresh Strawberries & Cream Pie
- 2 8" pie crusts cooked and cooled
- ¾ cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5-6 cups (approx. 2 pints) strawberries, washed and chopped
- whipped topping or whipped cream (optional)
- Zest the lemon and juice ½ of it. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and flour in a medium saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of milk, egg yolks, salt and lemon zest. Whisk until well combined. Add remaining milk.
- Stir over medium-low heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, butter and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- While still warm, pour half of the lemon cream into each pie crust. Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, Jell-O, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in boiling water and bring to boil over high heat. Let boil 3 minutes stirring constantly. Cool completely.
- Once completely cool, pour over cut strawberries. Gently spoon strawberries over cream layer and refrigerate pies 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I absolutely love this recipe. It is so easy. The pies came out perfect. I made them for Easter dessert and it was a hit. This is most definitely a keeper..!! Thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe.
I am so glad the pies were a hit with your Easter dinner companions Rachelle!
We just made this and are very excited to try it. However, 5-6 cups of strawberries was only enough for one pie so we doubled that and the glaze for two pies.
Hi this looks awesome! I was wondering if you can Freeze the pies ?
This pie wouldn’t freeze well as the strawberries are fresh.
You have got the easiest web page of anyone. Including the big-named magazines and channels. I’ve used many of the ideas and recipies and I’m new to “Pinning” items, but your site makes it easy-peasy! Thank you for bring your brilliance and hard work to the world. I very much appreciate it.
That custard looks so good! Thanks for the recipe — pinned!