I don’t eat bagels very often but when I do, I can assure you it’s going to be an ‘everything bagel’ toasted with cream cheese or butter. I actually love bagels but find them a little bit heavy to eat all of the time… of course it’s the topping of the bagel I truly love. I decided to take those delicious seasonings & seeds and add them to my own butter!
If you’ve never played with making your own flavored butters before, you must try it! Not only are they easy to make but you can add pretty much anything to them! I’ve made so many types both sweet and savory! One of our all time favorites is Whipped Strawberry Butter but I’ve also done 4 cheese butter, bacon cheddar garlic butter and of course this ‘everything bagel’ butter!
This is the perfect topper for english muffins, toast and even veggies or corn!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
'Everything Bagel' Butter
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Place on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice butter into discs and serve over toast or vegetables.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love