Homemade M&M Cookies are a favorite for any age with a glass of cold milk. Brown sugar gives them a satisfying chewiness, and the M&M’s candy coating provides a pleasant crunch.
Cookies baked from scratch always taste so much better than store-bought and these cookies are such a colorful, fun change of pace from the usual chocolate chip or sugar cookies. You’ll love how easy these are to make and freeze.
How to Make M&M Cookies
These M&M cookies are not thick, they’re a little bit of a thinner cookie but super soft, chewy and yummy. Perfection in our opinion!
This is great recipe introduce kids to baking.
- Cream softened butter with white and brown sugar first (per recipe below). Mix the egg into the sugar mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture a little at a time.
- Bake until lightly browned.
The dough will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for 3 months. Form into a 2-3-inch log and tightly wrap in two or three layers of plastic, or in one layer inside a freezer bag. Whenever you want, warm from the oven cookies, just slice into ½-inch discs and bake until browned and fragrant.
Can You Freeze M&M Cookies?
This recipe is perfect for make-ahead convenience. Consider doubling the recipe so you’ll have a stash of these put away for unexpected guests or school parties that pop up suddenly. These fabulous cookies will keep for 3 – 4 months in the freezer packed in bags or containers. They thaw in 1 – 2 minutes.
Other Delicious Add-Ins
My M&M cookies are versatile and accommodating to many yummy additions and substitutions Here are some ideas to spark your creativity:
- Chocolate: Reese’s Pieces, chocolate chips
- Chips: Peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips
- Nuts: Chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
Whether you stick to the original recipe or play around with ingredients, M&M cookies are a reliable, ever-popular treat.
Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Best Ever Monster Cookies – so many delicious variations!
- Christmas M&M Cookies – loaded with red & green!
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – perfect classic cookie
- Peanut Butter Blossoms – with a chocolate kiss center
- Funfetti Cookies – soft, chewy, bakery-style sugar cookies!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and white sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and add to the butter mixture a bit at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Fold in M&Ms and drop by heaping tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
Recipe Adapted Terpsma, Taryn. “Smartie Cookies”. Recipe. Cooking with Class. Beaumont, AB, 2011. 83. Print.