Homemade M&M Cookies are a favorite for any age with a glass of cold milk. Brown sugar gives them a satisfying chewiness, and the M&M’s candy coating provides a pleasant crunch.
Cookies baked from scratch always taste so much better than store-bought and these cookies are such a colorful, fun change of pace from the usual chocolate chip or sugar cookies. You’ll love how easy these are to make and freeze.
How to Make M&M Cookies
These M&M cookies are not thick, they’re a little bit of a thinner cookie but super soft, chewy and yummy. Perfection in our opinion!
This is great recipe introduce kids to baking.
- Cream softened butter with white and brown sugar first (per recipe below). Mix the egg into the sugar mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture a little at a time.
- Bake until lightly browned.
The dough will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for 3 months. Form into a 2-3-inch log and tightly wrap in two or three layers of plastic, or in one layer inside a freezer bag. Whenever you want, warm from the oven cookies, just slice into ½-inch discs and bake until browned and fragrant.
Can You Freeze M&M Cookies?
This recipe is perfect for make-ahead convenience. Consider doubling the recipe so you’ll have a stash of these put away for unexpected guests or school parties that pop up suddenly. These fabulous cookies will keep for 3 – 4 months in the freezer packed in bags or containers. They thaw in 1 – 2 minutes.
Other Delicious Add-Ins
My M&M cookies are versatile and accommodating to many yummy additions and substitutions Here are some ideas to spark your creativity:
- Chocolate: Reese’s Pieces, chocolate chips
- Chips: Peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips
- Nuts: Chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
Whether you stick to the original recipe or play around with ingredients, M&M cookies are a reliable, ever-popular treat.
Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Best Ever Monster Cookies – so many delicious variations!
- Christmas M&M Cookies – loaded with red & green!
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – perfect classic cookie
- Peanut Butter Blossoms – with a chocolate kiss center
- Funfetti Cookies – soft, chewy, bakery-style sugar cookies!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and white sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and add to the butter mixture a bit at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Fold in M&Ms and drop by heaping tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Recipe Adapted Terpsma, Taryn. “Smartie Cookies”. Recipe. Cooking with Class. Beaumont, AB, 2011. 83. Print.