One pan and a handful of ingredients are all you need for this easy chicken and potatoes recipe!
Hearty root veggies are lightly seasoned and added to a pan with chicken thighs to create an oven-baked meal with no fuss!
An Easy Favorite
We love this recipe because it’s a quick way to make a roast chicken dinner.
The ingredients are easy to find and easy to prep and clean up is easy too!
We like the oven method because the veggies come out roasted, browned, and crispy, just like the chicken skins!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN Choose bone-in and skin on chicken for the best flavor. We prefer thighs in this recipe but chicken breasts will work too.
POTATOES Use thin skinned potatoes (like red or yellow) or baby potatoes because they don’t need peeling and hold their shape well.
VARIATIONS This recipe is a no-fail blend of root veggies and protein that’s a whole meal in itself! For a little more color and variation, we like to substitute (or add!) sweet potatoes, turnips, or radishes.
How to Bake Chicken & Potatoes
This recipe comes together fast and you’ll love how great it tastes.
- Oil and season chicken thighs and set them aside.
- Combine veggies, garlic, leftover olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Place seasoned vegetables on a prepared sheet pan and position chicken between vegetables. Cook according to recipe below.
Flavor Tip: Once the meal has cooked, remove the chicken and stir the vegetables into all of the juices on the pan. This adds great flavor!
Busy nights call for easy, fuss free meals. This is a complete meal on one pan and can stand alone.
- Chicken and potatoes reheat well in the oven or microwave.
- Chop the leftovers and fry in the morning to serve as a breakfast hash. Top with a poached egg.
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken– veggies included
- Easy Lasagna (One Pan/Skillet) – perfect weeknight meal
- One-Pot Pasta with Chicken – 5-star recipe
- Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Shrimp – so easy to make
- Homemade One-Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni – stovetop version
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – so creamy & flavorful
Did you make these Easy Chicken & Potatoes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Chicken and Potatoes
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs or bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¾ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pound baby potatoes quartered
- 8 ounces carrots about 2 medium, cut into ½" pieces
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the chicken thighs and season with lemon pepper seasoning.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, remaining olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Place vegetables on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Nestle chicken pieces in between the vegetables.
- Roast 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken from the pan and use a spatula to stir vegetables in the juices on the pan.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.