I can’t tell you how decadent and amazing these cookies are! Chocolate and peanut butter are just meant to be!
I personally am not a cookie lover. I can usually resist cookies… usually. Unless they are these cookies. If they are these cookies I can’t resist them. Oh, and I can’t just have one, ever. Nope, I have to have 4… in a row. That’s the kind of cookies these are.
I used Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for these.. not the miniature ones (which are a little bigger). The ones I used come with no wrapper or foil. You can get them on Amazon or at the grocery store!
Oh, any by the way.. if you love Peanut Butter Cups, make sure you check out my recipe to make your own Peanut Butter Cups … it’s awesome!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or coarsely chopped chocolate
- 1 package Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups cut in half and chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl & set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium until fluffy. Add in eggs.
- Mix in flour mixture ½ cup at a time. Gently stir in chocolate chunks.
- Take one rounded tablespoon of dough. Using your hands, add in 4-5 Peanut Butter Cup halves. (I put 2 inside each cookie and 2-3 on top of each cookie). Place on a parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
AMAZING COOKIES! I was getting tired of christmas cookies today and wanted to use some mini peanut butter cup candies In cookies today.
I found your recipe and it looked so good…
It was even better than I hoped!
my husband LOVED them too.
I’ll definitely be saving this recipe and making them for friends and sharing your site, thank you.
How many cookies does this recipe make??
This recipe makes 48 cookies.
What size of a package of the mini Reese’s peanut butter cups?
The bag is 8 oz. (I’ve purchased them at Walmart)
All these recipes look so easy and yummy!!