With just 20 mins of prep Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie is a great meal to make before you begin your day!
Juicy bites of chicken and lots of veggies in a creamy sauce topped with fluffy biscuits.
What’s in Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie?
- CHICKEN I use chicken breasts and there is no need to pre-cook them. Put them in the freezer 15 minutes before cutting for easier handling. Chicken thighs work perfectly in this recipe too.
- VEGETABLES Frozen veggies make for quick prep but you can use fresh too. Simply chop and steam for a few minutes before adding. Use leftover roasted potatoes in this recipe too!
- SAUCE Dairy (milk) doesn’t always hold up well in the slow cooker so I’ve used condensed soup in this recipe (it also makes prep quick). If you do make a homemade sauce, use heavy cream added towards the end of cooking (and thicken with a cornstarch slurry if needed).
- SEASONINGS The soups have lots of flavor so I keep it simple with a few sprigs of parsley and some poultry seasoning. I skip the salt in this recipe as the soups have enough. Taste before serving and add more seasonings if needed.
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
This chicken pot pie comes together in the slow cooker in just 3 simple steps!
- Place the all ingredients in the crockpot (per recipe below).
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Add mixed veggies and cook another hour.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Crockpot chicken pot pie is a complete meal in itself so you really don’t need to add much. We sometimes add something fresh on the side if we want to stretch the meal a bit further.
- A crisp tossed salad with a tangy vinaigrette
- Fresh cut fruit (or a fruit salad)
- A bowl of mixed olives, marinated peppadews, and mushrooms
- An extra side of garlic bread to soak up every last drop
If there ARE any leftovers, you mean? As long as they are kept covered in the refrigerator, crockpot chicken pot pie will keep about 4 days (store the biscuits separatly).
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large russet potato peeled and diced
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts diced
- 1 can cream of celery soup 10 ½ ounces
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10 ½ ounces
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- black pepper to taste
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables defrosted
- 8 baked biscuits homemade or refrigerated
- Add onion, potato, and chicken to a 4QT slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, broth and seasonings. Stir into chicken mixture and cook on high 4 hours or low 7 hours.
- Add mixed vegetables and cook 1 hour more.
- Meanwhile, bake biscuits as directed in recipe or on refrigerated biscuit container.
- Stir pot pie mixture, spoon into bowls and top with biscuits.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Favorite Crockpot Recipes
- CrockPot Potato Soup – classic comfort food!
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice – cheesy family favorite
- Creamy Crockpot Tortellini – creamy & delicious pasta dish!
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup – hearty & comforting
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings – reader favorite
- Easy Crock Pot Chili Recipe – loaded with tasty ingredients!