This Creamy Garlic Pasta is a favorite because it’s so hearty, cheesy, and has a delicious garlic flavor.
20 Minute Pasta
- Short on time? This super-fast pasta dish is restaurant quality without leaving home.
- It’s a really easy recipe that’s budget-friendly for any night of the week.
- The possibilities are endless. Add cooked or leftover veggies like asparagus, green peas or broccoli. Stir in shredded chicken, smoked sausage, or other leftover proteins.
Ingredients for Creamy Garlic Pasta
GARLIC: Fresh garlic is our favorite in this recipe. The cloves should be minced or use a garlic press to make it fast. If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder but the flavor is more subtle (you’ll need about 1 teaspoon or to taste).
If you want to use roasted garlic, it has a sweeter milder flavor (you’ll want to increase the amount).
SAUCE: Butter, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, and melted parmesan cheese give this sauce a rich and creamy texture. Ensure you’re using heavy cream (or whipping cream) so the sauce thickens well.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic & flour in butter until fragrant (per the recipe below). Add heavy cream and chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and parmesan cheese.
What to Serve With Creamy Garlic Pasta
Our Fave Pasta Dishes
- Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce – served over pasta
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo – restaurant quality
- Baked Feta Pasta – a one-dish wonder
- Spaghetti Carbonara – simple perfection
- Baked Pizza Pasta – a family favorite
- Farfalle with Creamy Bacon Sauce – ready in 30 minutes
- Fettuccine Alfredo – rich & creamy
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Bacon – restaurant-worthy flavor!
Did your family love this Creamy Garlic Pasta? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Creamy Garlic Pasta
- 1 pound medium pasta such as penne
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic coarsely chopped, more or less to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium-low heat in a 10" skillet. Whisk in garlic and flour and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Quickly add heavy cream and chicken broth. Simmer until heated and slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta but do not rinse. Add to the cream mixture.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)