Cream of Cauliflower Soup is a simple 30 minute soup perfect for lunch or a light dinner meal. We serve this creamy soup when company’s coming or just for a Saturday afternoon.
Cauliflower is the perfect veggie, it’s versatile and mild in flavor making it perfect for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes or even for creating a low-carb cauliflower fried rice. It makes a great base for this mild soup recipe and is perfect paired with cream and cheeses if you’d like!
This recipe is relatively healthy and the lack of flour or starches keeps this cream of cauliflower soup keto friendly and low carb!
How to Make Cream of Cauliflower Soup
There really isn’t a lot to creating the perfect cream of cauliflower soup recipe. Simply chop the cauliflower into bite sized pieces, add seasonings and let it simmer until tender. Blend and add a bit of cream.
I sometimes add cheese to this soup, both sharp cheddar and parmesan cheese work well. Remember to add the cheese at the end, once the soup is ready to serve. Cooking cheese over a high temperature can cause it to separate or become grainy. It will melt in if the soup is hot once you remove the soup from the stove.
Blending Cauliflower Soup
Just like Roasted Cauliflower Soup, this cream of cauliflower soup is blended to a smooth consistency. I use a hand blender to make it smooth (and save on washing dishes) but you can also transfer it to a regular blender. If using a regular blender, be sure that the lid isn’t on tight as the steam and cause the blender to burst open.
For more texture remove some of the cauliflower and chop it. Blend the soup to desired consistency and once blended, add the chopped cauliflower back into the soup.
Can You Freeze Cream of Cauliflower Soup
This soup does freeze well. We place it in single serve freezer bags and label. To serve, defrost in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in a saucepan over medium heat until warm.
More Creamy Soups You Need in Your Life
- Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup – Easy favorite!
- Creamy Sausage & Cabbage Soup – Five star recipe – the ultimate comfort food!
- Potato Leek Soup – Classic creamy soup combo.
- Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe – Inexpensive and easy, kids love this recipe!
- Creamy Seafood Chowder – Loaded with seafood!
- Baked Potato Soup – The best baked potato flavors!
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups fresh cauliflower
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese grated, optional
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until tender (do not brown).
- Add cauliflower, broth and seasonings. Simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until cauliflower is tender.
- Blend using a hand blender until smooth. Add heavy cream and simmer an additional 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Stir in parmesan cheese if using.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)