These Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites are the ultimate no-bake treat! Made with classic, egg-free cookie dough sandwiched between two salty pretzels and dipped in dark chocolate, they won’t last long!
I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to live in an age where eating cookie dough has become so widely accepted.
Because, once upon a time and yet not very long ago, eating raw cookie dough was frowned upon. It was mostly eaten only secretly in the shadows of the pantry, stealthily swiped from mixing spoons, and pilfered from bowls of dough chilling in the refrigerator (or maybe that was just in my house). Even the nagging fear of consuming raw eggs wasn’t enough to keep the most devoted cookie dough fanatics (such as myself) from snagging a bite or two (…or ten).
But recently there has been a cookie dough liberation! We have elevated eating cookie dough up to an egg-free art form, and now it can be devoured out of the shadows and without shame*. What was once just a precursor to dessert has now become the main attraction, and today I’m turning it up just another notch with these sweet and salty cookie dough pretzel bites!
This cookie dough is absolutely egg-free; a few tablespoons of heavy cream stand in for the eggs and give this filling a creamy texture without sacrificing that wonderful cookie dough taste we all know and love so much. It’s then sandwiched between two pretzels (because who doesn’t love that salty/sweet combo) and then dipped in dark chocolate for good measure. Bonus points if you dress them up with sprinkles or nonpareils for a little extra texture.
Sweet and salty, punctuated with pops of chocolate chips and dressed up in dark chocolate dresses, these cookie dough pretzel bites are the ultimate (and maybe even the easiest!) little snacks.
Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Approximately 50 small pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 Tbsp nonpareils , for sprinkling (optional)
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand-mixer), cream together your butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle in salt and stir well.
- With mixer on medium-low speed, gradually add in your all-purpose flour until all ingredients are completely combined. Be sure to stop your mixer periodically to scrape down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Gradually add heavy cream to mixture until completely combined (again, pausing to scrape sides and bottom of bowl).
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it in your hands to form a ball*. Slightly flatten with your palm, and place it on top of one pretzel. Sandwich with another pretzel, and set aside on a wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all of the cookie dough has been sandwiched.
- Melt your chocolate according to the instructions on the package.
- Once chocolate has melted, take your pretzel-sandwiches one at a time and dip them halfway into the chocolate. Return to wax paper and immediately sprinkle with nonpareils or sprinkles, if using.
- Repeat until all sandwiches have been dipped and sprinkled.
- Allow chocolate to set before eating.
*(Some people are wary of eating raw flour because of possible links to E. coli. I don’t let that stop me, but please use your best judgment. Also, eating 10 lbs of cookie dough may result in a little bit of shame, but I don’t let that stop me, either)
More Recipes You’ll Love!