Amazing Skillet Chicken! Cherry Tomatoes, Bacon and Herbs!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Amazing Skillet Chicken! Cherry Tomatoes, Bacon and Herbs!
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I have a garden FULL of beautiful cherry tomatoes! I’ve made bowls and bowls of Garden Bruschetta and was looking for something else to do with them!
I came up with an amazing and very very simple chicken dish. I was hoping the flavor of the tomato would be amazing and let me tell you… it was! My husband said it was his favorite chicken dish that I have ever made. So, it’s a keeper!
The great thing is that this goes from fridge to table in just over 20 minutes. Serve it with a side salad and some fresh pasta for a speedy weeknight dinner!
Amazing Skillet Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes, Bacon and Herbs
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablesoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , sliced
- 3 thin slices prosciutto or bacon (I used prosciutto and it was amazing)
- Combine flour, pepper, sage, oregano and salt to taste in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture.
- Fry the prosciutto or bacon in a skillet until crisp on both sides. Remove from the pan, chop into 1/2" strips and set aside. Add olive oil to the pan and heat over medium high. Add chicken to the pan and cook 3 minutes on each side to brown. Add white wine and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Turn the heat up to medium high and let wine simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in chopped prosciutto or bacon.
- Top chicken with tomatoes and serve!