This chicken Caprese is an Italian classic made into a one-pan full meal!
Chicken breasts are cooked with bacon, garlic, and tomatoes, then topped with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and a garnish of fresh basil. Delish!
Serve it with pasta or roasted veggies for a healthy family favorite.
Easy Chicken Caprese!
- This chicken dish incorporates the flavors we love in our fave classic Caprese salad into an easy one-pot recipe.
- Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, this dish uses fresh ingredients and is fast to make.
- Effortless cleanup with only one pot to wash!
Ingredients in Chicken Caprese
Chicken – Use fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts. Skinless chicken thighs can be used in place of chicken breasts.
Bacon – Bacon adds a savory and smoky flavor.
Tomatoes – Fresh tomatoes, particularly cherry or grape tomatoes, become irresistibly sweet and tender, creating a deliciously fresh “sauce” as they cook.
Cheese – Fresh mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan finish off this recipe. Feel free to use other favorite cheeses such as provolone, romano, or asiago.
Basil – Fresh basil leaves really do take this dish to the next level.
Extras – Drizzle with a tangy balsamic glaze. Add some mushrooms or asparagus with the garlic for extra savor. Even some capers can be added, or sundried tomatoes.
How to Make Chicken Caprese
- Fry bacon and set aside. (Some drippings may need to be removed from the pan.)
- Cook the chicken in bacon drippings and set aside.
- Add garlic and cook, then stir in wine and butter to deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken and tomatoes to the pan, and continue cooking (as per the recipe below).
- Top with cheese and broil, then garnish with basil and bacon before serving.
This dish is perfect over noodles or even served with roasted zucchini or vegetables.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Leftover chicken Caprese can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Did your family love this Chicken Caprese Recipe? Please leave a comment and a rating below!
Easy Chicken Caprese
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts boneless-skinless, about 5 oz each
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- fresh basil for serving
- In a 10" skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside, reserving the drippings.
- Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat bacon drippings over medium high heat and add chicken. Brown 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the pan and set on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant. Stir in wine and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in butter.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet along with the cherry tomatoes. Simmer the chicken and tomatoes uncovered for about 5-7 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked and slightly softened.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the chicken and tomatoes. Place the skillet under the broiler for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil leaves.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!