I have a garden FULL of beautiful cherry tomatoes! I’ve made bowls and bowls of Garden Bruschetta and was looking for something else to do with them!
I came up with an amazing and very very simple chicken dish. I was hoping the flavor of the tomato would be amazing and let me tell you… it was! My husband said it was his favorite chicken dish that I have ever made. So, it’s a keeper!
The great thing is that this goes from fridge to table in just over 20 minutes. Serve it with a side salad and some fresh pasta for a speedy weeknight dinner!
Amazing Skillet Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes, Bacon and Herbs
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced
- 3 thin slices prosciutto or bacon (I used prosciutto and it was amazing)
- Combine flour, pepper, sage, oregano and salt to taste in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture.
- Fry the prosciutto or bacon in a skillet until crisp on both sides. Remove from the pan, chop into 1/2" strips and set aside. Add olive oil to the pan and heat over medium high. Add chicken to the pan and cook 3 minutes on each side to brown. Add white wine and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Turn the heat up to medium high and let wine simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in chopped prosciutto or bacon.
- Top chicken with tomatoes and serve!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)