I love making homemade gifts ! Caramel Chocolate Covered Pretzels are a great holiday treat and I make them every year! Not only are they delicious and easy to make, but I’m a huge fan of no bake holiday treats!
While they are perfect for Christmas, you can decorate them any way you like so they can be for any occasion! Add some little heart sprinkles for Valentine’s day or some pink & blue sprinkles for a great baby shower favor!
They’re perfect to give as gifts to friends, teachers, and neighbors. Feel free to get creative by adding some chopped nuts, toffee bits, sprinkles or coconut.
I packaged my finished chocolate covered pretzel rods in beautiful Wilton boxes and was able to fit 4 pretzels per box (they were 8″ x 2″ x 2″, you can purchase them here). Perfect as little gifts! You can also buy little bags specifically made for pretzel rods and package them individually with a pretty ribbon and a little gift tag.
A few items you’ll need to make these:
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PRETZELS
- 1 package pretzel rods 10 oz
- 6 white candy melts
- 12 ounces milk or dark chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup Karo Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Line a large sheet or pan with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, white & brown sugar, corn syrup, salt & sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl (the mixture will bubble up so make sure there is lots of room in the bowl).
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
NOTE: THIS MIXTURE GETS VERY HOT. ENSURE THERE ARE NO CHILDREN UNDERFOOT WHEN YOU MAKE THIS.
- Pour 2 cups caramel mixture into a tall glass measuring cup or mug. Dip each pretzel rod 2/3 of the way to cover in caramel. Place on parchment paper to cool.
- Once the caramel is hardened, melt the chocolate on 40% power for 45 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving at 20-second intervals until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the caramel-coated pretzels into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a small Ziploc bag and snip the corner off. Drizzle over chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)