This is a very simple and delicious dish! All of my favorites are here… mac & cheese, bacon, jalapeño popper.. what is not to love!
You can adjust the spiciness by adjusting the amount of Jalapeño added to the recipe. I used canned jalapeño because it was what I had on hand but fresh would be great too!
Bacon Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 pound of dry macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 slices of bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 4 oz can of jalapeños , chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook macaroni noodles al dente according to package directions.
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside. Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pan and add minced onion. Fry about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add butter and flour. Stir in milk while whisking. Bring to a boil while continuing to stir. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, jalapeños, and 4 slices of the bacon. Stir in macaroni and put into a greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, olive oil and remaining bacon. Sprinkle topping over the macaroni and bake 20 minutes or until hot and topping is lightly browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)