This Honey Mustard Salmon is a life saver for busy weeknights!
Incredibly simple to make, it’s quite amazing how so few ingredients can transform into something so tasty.
These kind of recipes are great to have in your back pocket for busy weeknights, like Blackened Tilapia and Weeknight Chicken Parmesan! One of my favourite little tips for quick midweek meals with flavours that pack a punch is to use a sauce that doubles as a marinade. Or, in this case, as a glaze – no marinating required for this salmon!
The glaze / sauce for this recipe is actually just a slight adaptation of a classic Honey Mustard Dressing. What I like to do is make big batches of the dressing and keep it in the fridge – it lasts for weeks and weeks as long as you don’t use any fresh ingredients in it like garlic. So I make up the basic Honey Mustard Dressing with cider vinegar, honey, mustard, oil, salt and pepper and keep it in the fridge. I use it plain to dress salads, sometimes I might add a bit of garlic.
AND I use it to marinate meats, or, such as for this recipe, as a glaze and/or sauce!
Salmon is my favorite fish. I love that it has so much flavor already and is so juicy, so actually it doesn’t even need any marinating time to infuse the centre with flavour. Plus, this has a sauce.
My one big rule with salmon is to never OVERCOOK IT!! There is nothing sadder than cutting into a beautiful piece of salmon to find it dry inside, rather than juicy and flaky. The way I check to see when I salmon is cooked is to watch the side of the salmon. When the middle of the fillet changes to opaque, it means that it is cooked.
And don’t forget, salmon continues to cook while resting!
I served this Honey Mustard Salmon with some mashed potato and seared asparagus (seared in a dry pan for optimum char). For an even quicker meal, I’d usually just have toasted bread on the side with a fresh green salad – use the sauce as the dressing for the salad!
Hope you enjoy!
- Salmon Croquettes
- Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- Easy Grilled Salmon
- Easy Salmon Cakes
- Baked Lemon Butter Salmon Pasta
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets skin on or off
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
Honey Mustard Glaze:
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola oil or other natural flavoured oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Sauce Add In:
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- Mix honey mustard sauce in a jar until well combined.
- Place salmon in a zippered bag or bowl. Add ¼ cup of sauce. Mix to coat. No need to marinate.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add salmon and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until deep golden. Turn and cook the other side for 3 – 4 minutes. Transfer to serving plates.
- Add seeded mustard into remaining Sauce. Shake to mix. Serve over salmon.
More Recipes You’ll Love