Oven roasted lemon butter salmon tossed through pasta and finished with fresh herbs is a fabulous easy dinner. Baked Lemon Butter Salmon Pasta is a fuss free, restaurant quality meal!
Salmon is my favourite fish, so I’m always looking for new ways to use it in recipes. My “go to” way of cooking salmon is in a skillet with some kind of sauce, or rubbed with a spice mix then grilled on the BBQ or cooked as an easy sheet pan salmon meal. Mmmm…
What I don’t do enough is roasted salmon. So today I want to share a slightly different way of cooking with salmon – roasting it with lemon, butter and garlic, then tossing it through pasta.
This salmon pasta starts with salmon roasted with lemon, butter and garlic. Cook it through so it’s still nice and juicy inside but with a nice bit of browning on the surface.
Then flake the salmon – into fairly big chunks, remembering that the salmon will break up a bit more as you toss it though the pasta.
Add the pasta and toss gently, dispersing the salmon throughout it and most importantly, coating it in all those GORGEOUS ROASTING JUICES!!!!
I like to hit it with some more fresh lemon juice at the end, and also toss through some lovely fresh herbs. I’ve used dill and parsley here, pretty classic flavour combination with herbs. But this will work with almost any fresh herb – like basil, chives, oregano.
You may have noticed that there is no parmesan on this pasta. That’s because traditionally, parmesan is not used in seafood pastas. I am guessing the history behind this is that parmesan has a fairly strong flavour so it can detract from the delicate flavours of seafood – which make sense.
But that’s never stopped me! So while I haven’t shown parmesan in these photos, you should most definitely feel free to garnish away as much as you want! :)
BAKED LEMON BUTTER SALMON PASTA
- 1 pound salmon skinless and boneless – one piece or multiple pieces
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb fettuccine or other pasta of choice cooked per packet directions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill + parsley combination, or just one of them*
- More lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 390F.
- Place salmon in a small baking dish. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Top with butter and garlic, drizzle over lemon and olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Cool for a few minutes, then flake into large chunks – it will break up more when tossing.
- Add pasta and herbs into the pan. Toss gently to coat pasta with pan juices.
- Add more lemon if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately! Traditionally, seafood pastas are not garnished with parmesan but you can do so if you wish.
More Recipes You’ll Love