Air fryer stuffed mushrooms are filled with a cheesy bacon cheddar filling and cook quickly in the air fryer.
This appetizer is easy to make ahead of time and the filling can be swapped out for almost anything!
An Easy Appetizer Recipe
We love these stuffed mushrooms because they little bite-sized appetizers that everyone is crazy for!
They’re versatile, swap out the cheeses, add sausage or crab or even jalapenos.
Cooking them in the Air Fryer eliminates the need for any extra fats or oils and they’re low carb plus they cook extra fast!
Ingredients and Variations
MUSHROOMS I like small brown or cremini mushrooms in this recipe for a richer flavor but white mushrooms work too. Any kind or size that can be filled will be great in this recipe!
FILLING A tasty blend of cream cheese and cheddar, bacon, and seasonings— then cook to melty perfection! Swap out whatever you’d like. These are super versatile.
VARIATIONS We also like to mix it up a little, try any of the following:
- sausage or pepperoni
- buffalo sauce & chicken (with blue cheese)
- swap out the filling for spinach artichoke dip
How to Clean Mushrooms
Mushrooms are delicate and the best way to clean them is to brush off any loose dirt before using. Rinsing them in a colander is okay as long as they are dried immediately afterward with a clean cloth or paper towel. Mushrooms are very porous and they’ll absorb water and get mushy during the cooking process, so it’s best to try and keep them as dry as possible.
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
It’s as easy as 1,2,3 to make this incredibly savory and elegant appetizer.
- Remove cap from mushrooms, scoop out center.
- Mix cream cheese with other ingredients per recipe below.
- Spoon mixture into each mushroom cap. Place in a single layer in the Air Fryer and cook per recipe below.
Air Fryer Tip
Depending on your air fryer, the mushrooms can fall sideways as you open/close it. If this is the case, place the mushrooms on a piece of foil and fold up the sides to hold them upright or place them in a small baking pan and place in the air fryer.
- Leftover Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms will keep in the refrigerator about 3 days in a covered container. To reheat them, place them in the air fryer at 400°F for 4-5 minutes.
- Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Garlic Butter Portobello Mushrooms
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Did your family love these Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 medium mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons bacon crumbled, about 3 slices
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Quickly rinse and dry mushrooms.
- Remove the stem from the mushroom caps (and scoop out the center using a small spoon if desired).
- Beat softened cream cheese with a mixer on medium until smooth and fluffy.
- Add bacon, 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, seasonings, and green onion.
- Stuff the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Add mushrooms, reduce heat to 350°F. Cook mushrooms 6 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and top mushrooms with remaining cheddar. Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!