Homemade One Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni (Stove Top)
How to Make Homemade One Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni (Stove Top)
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Ok, if there is one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I could literally eat macaroni and cheese 3 times/day… 7 days a week. Oh, every single day.. forever.
And.. I LOVE the boxed kind and I love Hamburger Helper. All the macaroni, homemade, baked, boiled, slow cooked, boxed, frozen.. every single one of them I love.
Well, this is in my top two. Yes, I just said that! It’s in my TOP 2 (along with my Ultra Creamy Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese)!! That means wow, it’s super awesome! To me, it’s a super close match to the boxed Hamburger Helper but you know each and every ingredient in this recipe!
The best part, it’s 20 minutes start to finish! You can’t go wrong with that!
Click print here ↓
Cheeseburger Macaroni (Stove Top). You’ll never buy the boxed kind again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder , sugar and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, garlic powder, sugar, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef & onion in a pan until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add milk, broth and macaroni to beef. Stir in cornstarch and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 9-12 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Serve hot.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love
AND… this is the old photo of this recipe you may have seen floating around! Photography is a constant learning curve but I’m loving it! What a difference a year makes! :)
Very slightly adapted from food.com