Unwrapped Wonton Soup is not a wonton soup at all but a favorite soup with the flavors of a delicous wonton soup!
Tender pork meatballs, veggies (and shrimp) are simmered in a sesame ginger broth for a delicious meal.
Quick & Easy
Tiny meatballs made from ground pork (or chicken or shrimp) are simmered in a flavorful ginger-sesame broth.
Making ginger and onion pork meatballs is quick and flavor packed! The meatballs can be made ahead of time and frozen and then tossed right into the broth to thaw and cook!
BROTH Flavored with sesame oil, ginger, and garlic this chicken broth base is packed with delicious Asian flavors!
MEATBALLS Thse meatballs are made with ground pork. The meatballs add both texture and the pork adds lots of flavor.
VEGGIES For convenience we love to add in frozen Asian mixed vegetables to this recipe. If adding fresh veggies, try snow peas, chopped broccoli, water chestnuts, baby corn, and Chinese cabbage to name a few.
NOODLES Toss in some premade egg noodles, they only require about 3-4 minutes to fully cook! If you’re going to be saving leftovers, cook the noodles on the side and add them to each bowl.
How To Make This Soup
- Make meatballs and add to simmering broth.
- Add remaining ingredients, except egg noodles and green onions, and cook over medium heat.
- Add the egg noodles and cook until tender (per recipe below).
Garnish with sliced green onions and serve immediately.
How To Store Leftovers
To reheat, put in a pot on the stove and bring it up to medium heat. Add a few splashes of soy sauce and some extra minced garlic and ginger and serve!
Store cooked noodles in a separate bowl if you’re saving leftovers. If left in the broth too long, they’ll soak up the liquid and get mushy.
More Favorite Soup Recipes
- Meatball Soup
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sausage & Kale Soup
- Homemade Wonton Soup
- Easy Hamburger Soup
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Coconut Curry Soup
Unwrapped Wonton Soup
- 8 ounces ground pork
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 cups frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked
- 4 green onions sliced
- Set out frozen stir fry vegetables to thaw (or prepare fresh vegetables if using).
- Combine meatball ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Form into small ½" meatballs.
- Add broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil and gently add meatballs. Reduce heat to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and vegetables. Simmer an additional 8 minutes or until egg noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.