These Strawberry Layer Brownies are a sinfully sweet treat. They’re made up of a base of fudge brownies, topped with a layer of strawberry creme candy and a layer of chocolate ganache.
Growing up, brownies were one of the desserts my mother always made. It was either them or no bake cookies. And while the no bakes were from scratch, the brownies were always a box mix. I know I can’t be the only one who kind of LOVES boxed brownies, right? Any other fans out there?
There’s just something about them, the perfect amount of fudgyness, the crispy film on the top, and when they’re warm out of the oven… oh my, where’s the milk?
Now that I’m older, I like to doctor up those box mixes a bit to make them more fun. This recipe in particular is perfect for those who like it sweet and who enjoy a bit of fruit mixed in with their chocolate. The boxed brownie makes up the base while a layer of strawberry flavored candy creme makes up the middle after being topped with a rich and decadent chocolate ganache. And then we’re going to drizzle it up with some chocolate syrup because that’s just how we roll. Oh and don’t forget that fresh strawberry either!
One thing I love most about this recipe is that it’s super customizable, you see if you’re not a huge strawberry fan, that middle layer can actually be flavored with any extract. Want mint brownies, use peppermint instead of strawberry, the same goes for fun flavors like root beer or lemon. The possibilities are endless!
Strawberry Layer Brownies
- 1 Boxed Fudge Brownie Mix plus box indicated ingredients
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring optional
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Fresh Strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven and make brownie mix according to package instructions. Pour brownie batter into a greased or parchment lined 8x8 baking dish and bake according to package directions, usually 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in remaining ingredients, immediately pour over baked brownies. Spread out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Add chocolate chips to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until a light simmer forms, immediately pour over chocolate chips and let set for 4 to 5 minutes. Whisk until a rich chocolate ganache forms and pour over the strawberry layer, let set for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and slice into squares. Top with a fresh sliced strawberry and whipped cream if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More recipes you’ll love!