No mixer needed to make this delicious chocolate sheet cake packed with chocolate chips in every bite, both in the cake and on top! You won’t wanna share!
I had a hard time figuring out what sweet treat to make for you today. A couple of ideas were running through my mind but eventually decided to make this rich chocolate sheet cake packed and I mean packed with chocolate chips.
If you’re having a hard time figuring out how rich this chocolate cake is, let’s do a little math!
In the cake there are 4 oz of chocolate and 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
On top of the cake there are 8 oz of chocolate and almost 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Yes, this cake is a chocolate overload.
I’m a chocoholic and love when a recipe starts with melted chocolate. You can never go wrong with that.
What I also love, are recipes that can be made with very little dirty dishes.
You’ll need one bowl and one whisk/or a spatula to make the cake and another bowl to make the ganache on top.
Knowing that you don’t have to spend half a day washing dishes, I really think you should make this cake asap!
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE it for later!
In addition to the baking chocolate and chocolate chips, you’ll also need a few other ingredients I’m sure you already have on hand : butter, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, flour and baking powder for the cake and heavy cream for the ganache.
Pantry samples (at least in my kitchen)
A quick note before I let you with the recipe.
I baked this chocolate cake in a 13X9″ sheet pan but if you don’t have one, use a regular 13X9″ pan and keep in mind the cake is not very tall. Don’t think you did something wrong and your cake didn’t rise as high as the baking pan.
Chocolate Chip Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 4 oz baking dark chocolate , roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup butter , diced
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz baking chocolate , chopped (chocolate chips can also be used)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Grease a 13X9" sheet pan.
- In a heatproof bowl add the chocolate and butter.
- Microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring when it stops, until the butter and chocolate are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and blend in the sugar and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Add the eggs and stir.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Last but not least, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely in the pan.
- When the cake is cooled, make the ganache.
- In a heatproof bowl, add the chocolate and the heavy cream.
- Microwave in 30 seconds intervals until the chocolate is softened. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled cake.
- Scatter chocolate chips all over it.
- Let the ganache set before cutting into bars.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!