This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili in the CrockPot is destined to become one of your favorite soups ever! It’s wonderfully hearty, comforting, creamy (without any heavy cream!), and the layers of flavors are out of this world – and almost “dump and run!”
Serve this easy chili recipe with a slice of Homemade Cornbread for the perfect easy meal!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
We have almost officially entered soup season – my favorite food season of the year! Not only are soups satisfyingly delicious – they generally only require one pot, are a meal in one, boast layers of complex flavors from simmering, reheat beautifully for leftovers, and require hardly any “hands on” pep time – winning! And my absolutely favorite types of soups – slow cooker soups!
Slow Cooker soups are almost effortless, prepped in advance and fill your home with the aroma of savory anticipation. Some of my favorite slow cooker soups are Slow Cooker French Onion Soup, Slow Cooker SKINNY Potato Soup, Slow Cooker BEST EVER Beef Stew – and now I’m adding this Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili to the top of the list. It’s epic.
What Makes This White Chicken Chili So Delicious?
This Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili is bursting with all your White Chicken Chili faves: tender shredded chicken, creamy, hearty beans, warm fiestalicious spices, tangy bright green chilies and aromatic fresh cilantro. But to make this truly epic White Chicken Chili – its creamified! Because nothing says ultimate comfort food like warm, creamilicious soup. And because this soup is so knock your socks of delicious – you are going to want to eat bowl after bowl after bowl – which is why I’ve used a “skinny” method to make this soup rich and creamy.
How to Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Use a can of cream-style corn as part of the soup base instead of broth – its natural creaminess is a life-changing secret ingredient.
- Use Homemade Chili Powder or store bought.
- After this white chicken chili has been cooking and the chicken is tender enough to shred, you remove 1/2 cup broth and add it to your blender along with beans, cilantro, cream cheese and. Blend to create a smooth puree then add this back to the soup along with your chicken. Cook for another 30 minutes and your soup will emerge soooooo wonderfully creamy.
Indulge With Toppings
And because we’ve saved a load of calories by not using heavy cream, we can afford to indulge in toppings. Lots and lots of toppings…cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips etc – all your favorites in one bowl. An epically delicious bowl.
More Chili Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Chili Recipe – Classic Recipe!
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
- Easy Crock Pot Chili Recipe – Set it and forget it!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili – Reader favorite.
Creamy White Chicken Chili (CrockPot)
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 14.5-ounce cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained*
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 8 ounces mild diced green chilies
- 15 ounces petite diced tomatoes drained
- 15 ounces cream-style corn
- 1-2 jalapeños seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon EACH chili powder, ancho chili powder, salt
- ½ teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, dried oregano
Blender Ingredients (Add Later)
- 14 ½ ounces Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (I use ⅓ less fat)
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro
- ½ cup soup “broth” removed from slow cooker after cooking, see directions for details
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- lime juice
- hot sauce
- Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken in an even layer followed by all remaining slow cooker ingredients. Give the top ingredients a stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, shred chicken and return chicken to slow cooker. Turn Slow Cooker to High (if it had been on Low).
- Add all Blender Ingredients to a blender including ½ cup soup from slow cooker (try to just scoop out broth). Blend until smooth. Add puree back to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Season soup with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Top individual servings with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Followed but for the bouillon….DELICIOUS!
I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe!
Woke up this AM and felt the need for a white chicken chili and this so fit the bill! I made it as directed with only 1 modification; that being that I added 5 minced Thai chili peppers as I had used only 1 jalapeno pepper and it needed a bit more of a kick. Next time I will add an additional creamed corn along with a fired roasted petite diced tomato. This is a really great recipe! Thank-you.
Great addition, I love spice too!!
I come across a picture of this recipe when I was looking for some other chili recipe and it caught my eyes… went to store got all the ingredients plus I add 1/2 a can of black bean and a can of sweet corn just for the heck of it and it come out sooo delicious even when I was keeping it on warm while I’m at work for 8 hrs.. it made everyone who walk into my job feel hungry.. it will be one of the dishes included with any function I have .. thank you and it save a lot of time for those of us who love cooking from scratch
I”m so glad you loved it Cynthia!
How spicy is this if you follow the directions as written? It looks delicious, but I’ll be going to a pot luck with lots of kids. Will this work or be too spicy?
It should not be too spicy!
This recipe knocks it out of the park! Have made other versions of white chicken chili and this is by far the best. Was even better the second day!
I made this today for a few families that came over to watch Sunday afternoon football. It was a huge hit with rave reviews from everyone! So, so good! Will definitely make again!
I just made this chili for ‘game day’. So good! A little spicy, but not too much. We topped with sour cream and cheese. Easy and quick, too!
Can this be adapted to make it in an Instant Pot?
My wife and I really enjoyed this. Goes good with a hint of lime chips.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Nathan! I’m going to have it with those chips next time I make it – I love them too!
This soup sounds beyond fabulous! Soup season is my favorite as well and I’m so happy that the evenings at least are starting to cool down here as well! Can’t wait to try this!
Good tips on how to “creamify” the soup without using whole fat dairy cream. I love white chili … whenever there’s a chili cook off going on, I take a red and a white entry.
That mix you make with the beans and the cream cheese in the blender and all the flavors really makes this dish amazing. I need to try this soon. Craving chili now.
LOVING slow cooker recipes right now! And this one’s so perfect for the upcoming cooler temps. Love how creamy and delicious this looks!
Oh what a hearty and delicious dish…this looks wonderful. I wish I had some for lunch today!
My family love chili. I’m always making different varieties, and this is one of our favorites. I love the idea though that you made this one in a slow cooker!
I love chili and I love that you made it with chicken. Love the color and the flavor sounds delicious. Pinning this to try later.
I have yet to make a chicken chili, but I love the addition of cream cheese to this! I really need to try this!
really nice chili recipe, like the creaminess green chilies and chicken as a completely different chili than those I typically and also great that it’s slow cooker tested, thank you for this recipe!
Sounds super yummy! What can I substitute for the cream of corn? Their is a corn allergy in the family.
This is gorgeous and the creamed corn trick is awesome!