Roasted red peppers make a great side or a colorful addition to any antipasto platter, summer salad, or sandwich recipe.
Oven-roasted peppers are so incredibly easy to make! No need to buy them in a jar when it’s so easy to make them fresh from the kitchen.
Why We Love Roasted Red Peppers
We love bell pepper recipes because peppers are so flavorful, a little can go a long way!
- Roasting the peppers gives them a mildly charred, smoky flavor with a tinge of sweetness!
- They’re perfect to add to dips, soups, stews, pasta, and stir-fries.
- 5 simple ingredients are all it takes to make these roasted red peppers!
BELL PEPPERS: We used red in this recipe, but feel free to use any color of bell pepper. Orange, yellow, even green would all taste great. Or use a variety of peppers for a bright & colorful dish!
SEASONINGS: The bell peppers are tossed in olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, & pepper. So simple, yet so flavorful!
How to Slice Red Peppers
- Place a bell pepper on a cutting board & slice off the top, close to the stem.
- Cut the bell pepper in half & remove the pith (the pale, white inner flesh) & seeds.
- Slice the bell pepper into strips or 1” pieces.
How to Roast Red Peppers
It’s so easy to roast peppers, no need to buy them in cans or jars!
- Toss prepared bell peppers with olive oil, garlic, & Italian seasoning (per the recipe below).
- Roast seasoned peppers on a baking sheet until they are lightly charred & tender.
- Serve warm or chill & use in recipes.
Store roasted red bell peppers in a covered container or jar with a tight-fitting lid for up to a week in the refrigerator. Freeze roasted bell peppers in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 8 weeks.
Best Bell Pepper Dishes
- Easy Chicken Fajitas – a 30 minute meal
- Easy Layered Ratatouille – simple & elegant
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers – quick & easy
- Sausage and Peppers – a low carb dish
- Unstuffed Peppers – a one-pot dinner
What are your fave seasonings for bell peppers? Leave a comment below!
Roasted Red Peppers
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash peppers and chop into 1" pieces. Toss with oil, garlic and seasonings.
- Spread peppers onto a greased baking pan and roast 18-20 minutes or until lightly charred and tender.
- Serve warm or add to salads, soups or pasta.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)