This pineapple cheese ball is the perfect addition to any party!
This sweet and savory cheese ball recipe has crushed pineapple, diced bell peppers, and green onions onions mixed with cream cheese.
Dip, smear, scoop, or spread the cheesy goodness all season long!
Sweet and Savory Pineapple Cheese Ball!
- Whip up this quick and easy pineapple cheeseball with easy-to-find ingredients and zero cooking!
- Make ahead! Mix, shape, and chill pineapple pecan cheese balls up to 2 weeks in advance so they’re ready for last-minute invitations or guests!
- Moldable! Shape cream cheese pineapple into balls, logs, or serve from a decorative dish with a butter knife for delicate chips and crackers.
Ingredients and Variations
Cream Cheese Base – Use a block of full-fat cream cheese for the best results. We like to keep the seasonings simple, but you can add your favorite fresh herbs or spices.
Additions – In addition to crushed pineapple, we add red bell peppers (you can use green bell pepper if you prefer).
Coating – This cheese ball is rolled in finely chopped pecans mixed with cheese and finely chopped herbs. Toast the nuts first for great flavor.
Variations – Add some bacon bits or ham. You can change out the cheese for any variety; pepper jack or cheddar cheese are favorites.
How to Make a Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Combine cream cheese with everything except ½ the Monterey Jack, pecans, and parsley.
- Form into a large ball, two smaller balls, or a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Toast and crush pecans. Mix with remaining cheese and parsley.
- Roll cheese ball in pecan topping, pressing gently. Serve immediately or chill.
PRO TIP: Freeze the drained pineapple juice into ice cubes for cocktails or iced tea.
Our Favorite Dippers
- Crackers like Ritz, triscuits, or wheat thins.
- Pretzel chips, pita chips, or veggie straws.
- Fresh vegetables like celery sticks, bell pepper wedges, and cucumber or zucchini rounds.
Storing Cheese Balls
- Keep leftover pineapple cheese balls covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Cheese balls can wrapped and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Freeze for up to two months and thaw in the fridge overnight.
Did you make this pineapple cheese ball? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Pineapple Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple well drained
- ½ red pepper finely diced
- 2 green onions finely diced
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese finely shredded, divided
- ⅔ cup pecans crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Combine cream cheese, pineapple, red pepper, green onion, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce & 1 cup of Monterey Jack in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Form cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, toast pecans and cool completely. Mix cooled pecans, remaining Monterey Jack and parsley in a shallow bowl.
- Remove cheese from the fridge and roll in pecan mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, or your favorite dippers.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.