Mug cakes are the perfect dessert for anytime a snack attack happens!
Peanut butter cookies and chocolate chips are baked in the microwave with a spot of milk for a quickie cake that is melt-in-your-mouth delish!
What is a Mug Cake?
Mug cakes are so amazing because they are an easy single-serving cake. This treat is mixed together in a mug and “baked” in the microwave for a sweet treat in minutes.
- Just a few simple ingredients are all it takes to make yummy cakes that can be enjoyed anytime!
- No turning on the oven and waiting for it to pre-heat!
- These are fun to create, try different cookies and mix-ins!
Ingredients for Mug cake
THE BASICS: Nutter Butter cookies make the base for these mug cakes, but other filled cookies will work just as well (like Oreos).
ADD-INS: A scoop of peanut butter or Nutella adds a new flavor (and texture) to this mug cake.
Mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chopped nuts, mashed bananas, or chopped dried fruit can be mixed in for extra flavor and crunch! Serve with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, caramel sauce, or chocolate sauce. So many options!
How to Make a Mug Cake
The fun of mug cake is that it is so easy to mix up a homemade cake and have it baked in only 1 minute!
- Grind peanut butter cookies in a food processor.
- Stir with other dry ingredients into a mug along with milk (per the recipe below).
- Microwave for 1 minute, adding 10-second intervals as necessary until cake is baked.
Tips for Microwave Mug Cakes
- Save food processor clean-up by crushing nutter butter cookies in a zippered bag with a rolling pin.
- Superfine sugar will mix in better with the cookie crumbs in step 2 of the recipe.
- Store leftover mug cakes by covering them with plastic wrap and keeping them in the refrigerator.
Quick & Easy Cakes
- Easy Chocolate Cake – so moist & chocolatey
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake – light & delicious
- Better Than Sex Cake – only 5 ingredients
- Strawberry Poke Cake – made with Jello
- Yellow Cake – a reader favorite
- Peanut Butter Cake – perfect for a party
Did you love this Nutter Butter Mug Cake? Leave a rating and a comment below!
Nutter Butter Mug Cake
- 3 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips optional
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a food processor, crush nutter butter cookies until fine crumbs form.
- Add the crumbs, sugar, mini chocolate chips, and baking powder to a 6-8oz. microwave safe mug and stir.
- Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Microwave for 1 minute, adding 10 seconds more if needed.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)