I am so excited to have partnered with Lingham’s Hot Sauces to bring you these Juicy Lucy meatballs. Gooey cheese stuffed inside a tender beef meatball and bathed in a spicy sweet sauce… perfect for game day!
Friends… this is it… this is the show stopping appetizer you’ve been waiting for! This is the recipe that people are going to ask you for over and over again.
If you’ve never had a Juicy Lucy (aka Jucy Lucy) you’ll want to add it to your bucket list! It’s basically an inside out cheeseburger… a beef patty with gooey cheese on the inside. Yum right?!
Of course yum, however, serving cheeseburgers isn’t always ideal … but serving meatballs is! These cheese stuffed meatballs are simmered in a spicy sweet sauce and are completely irresistible… and of course perfect for game day!
If you need to know one thing about me, it’s that I’m crazy for spicy things! I love and pretty much require hot sauce on EVERYTHING, cheesy meatballs included! I’ve found that Lingham’s Hot Sauces provide the perfect amount of sweet heat and consistency for this sauce.
Not only that, Lingham’s sauces are 100% all natural and have absolutely no bulking agents meaning you’re getting REAL flavor! (You can find them at your local Walmart). These sauces are perfect for dipping, dunking or adding a little sweet heat to any recipe! This recipe is delicious made with Lingham’s Hot Sauce (original) but they do have lots of other amazing flavors (like the Ginger Hot Sauce I used in my STICKY HOT WINGS)! You can follow Lingham’s on Facebook or Pinterest for inspiration!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
* Meat Chopper Tool * Large Saucepan * Ground Turkey or Beef *
Juicy Lucy Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lingham’s Hot Sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces processed cheese or cheddar cheese cut into 15 pieces
- green onions for garnish optional
- ⅓ cup Lingham’s Hot Sauce
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut cheese into 15 small squares, set aside.
- Combine onion, egg yolk, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, Lingham’s Hot Sauce and salt & pepper. Mix until well combined. Add in ground beef and mix just until combined.
- Divide beef mixture into 15 pieces. Flatten one piece, add a piece of cheese in the middle and wrap the beef around the cheese sealing it as best you can.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. (Don’t worry if you see the cheese leaking out, there will be lots more inside)!
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow to boil 2 minutes while stirring. Add in meatballs and toss to coat. Serve warm!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Sticky Hot Chicken Wings Recipe
Amazing Cocktail Meatballs! (Sweet and Sour Meatballs)!
Im going to do these with my own little twist. Instead of bbq sauce im goin to put them in brown gravy an serve over rice.
Sounds delicious Tina!
This recipe looks great! There is one really big turnoff — I have worked hard for my money all my life, and I am no longer willing to give my hard-earned money to Walmart.
Are you able to put these in a crockpot after they are done Baking?
I’m sure that would work perfectly!
Your recipe looks really delicious I believe I’ll try it
I’m going to try it it looks delicious
Let me know how it turns out, Jerry!
What if you can’t or don’t like hot sauce, what can you use instead? Ty
I have only made this recipe as written. You could try barbecue sauce only if you prefer.
These are so creative! They would be perfect for a Super Bowl party!
Thank you Megan! Definitely perfect for game day!
Gooey cheese oozing out of a meatball smothered in hot sauce? Um, yes please! FABULOUS! :)
I agree Sherri, I’m all about the cheese!
Well, these look absolutely dangerous! Attach directly to my thighs!
LOL.. some things are just worth it! Like these meatballs!
I love the cheese in these! great appetizer
Thanks, they’re so yummy! I
This is a perfect recipe for game day. I love a meatball with a little surprise to boot. Looks delicious.
Thank you Ali!
Oh my gosh these look AMAZING!!!!
Thank you Dorothy… they definitely were! I literally couldn’t stop eating them!