How to Keep Bugs Out
Pin it to SAVE it and SHARE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Bugs can be really difficult to get rid of, once they have invaded your home. Better to prevent them entering your home in the first place. If you’re looking for some great home remedies for pest control, you’ve found the right place! Especially if you are wanting to know how to get rid of spiders!
Here are some natural, homebrewed, or chemical solutions to keeping pests out, and keeping your home clean and bug free all summer!
- Spray the perimeter: Keeping bugs out can be as simple as going to your local gardening or home store and grabbing a container full of liquid barrier. It will kill any pests trying to cross the threshold into your territory. Make sure to spray the doors and windowsills about once a month, but not around where children and pets play.
- Keep your pets bug-free: Make sure your pets are bug free with anti-tick and flea medications on a regular basis. This will keep those nasty critters from breeding on your poor animals, and keep them from getting on you, too!
- Keep it clean: Making sure there’s no leftover food in the trashcan or sink for very long can help to keep the bugs out; if there’s not food to attract them, they won’t want to come in.
- Plug the holes: Keeping bugs out may be as simple as making sure your house is sealed properly. Check the weather stripping on windows and doors, and make sure holes where pests could live are sealed shut.
- Salt: Sprinkling salt in window sills will help to fend off ants, snails and slugs.
- Chalk: Ants will not cross a line of chalk. Just use simple sidewalk chalk to draw a line around windows/doors to keep the ants outside.
- Peppermint (great for getting rid of spiders): Sprinkle warm water mixed with a little dish soap and some peppermint essential oils around window sills and doorways. This will keep spiders and bugs from wanting in to your place. NOTE: If you have cats that come in and out, avoid using essential oils, as they are really bad for cats. Ensure your essential oils are safe to use around children and dogs.
Spend With Pennies on Pinterest
Sources:http://www.bloomingtonrenter.com/simple-tips-for-getting-rid-of-bugs-in-your-home/ http://everydayroots.com/how-to-get-rid-of-spiders http://lifehacker.com/5570834/keep-the-bugs-at-bay-without-bug-spray http://www.hgtvgardens.com/garden-basics/aphids-slugs-and-snails-oh-my-keep-bugs-out-of-the-garden-naturally
How do you get rid of them in the basement
I have a window that I like to keep open all the time with no screen in it so I’ve been getting spiders, moths, bees and other flying creatures.
What’s a good homemade remedy that will keep them from flying or crawling in, mainly the spiders and ants.
Any help would be great thank you spendwithpennies.com
I think the only remedy for flying insects might be a screen.
I have severe arachnophobia and I actually keep a mixture of peppermint oil and water with me to give me peace of mind–silly, but it definitely works!! We actually just posted an article with additional tips to keep spiders out of the home on Grow Our Way. Check it out!
How do you use the peppermint oil and water? And spray bottle? I also understand that wood ashes work excellent if you put them in a perimeter where your spiders or insects are… Look up wood ashes and the benefits and uses thank you for yours
we always get ants no matter what we tried the ant traps they work but i do not like seeing them , so i will try your tips on how to get rid of them .thank you.
I recently moved into an apartment that was infested with cockroaches. EWWW! The exterminator has been here 3 times and I believe they are gone but how do I keep them from coming back?! Other than the obvious answer of being OCD clean.. lol
Boric acid sprinkled along the baseboard once a week for a month should do the trick.
Thank you! We recently had a home invasion of ants. Lots and lots of them. It really freaked me out and i hate spiders so i’ll definitely be giving these wonderful tips of yours a try. Thank you for everything you do!
You are right on time with these tips. Thank you. Have a Blessed Day on Purpose.
I love your comment “Have a blessed day on purpose.” I am going to post it to my Facebook page. I love these tips and will definitely use them.