Honey garlic chicken thighs are flavored with an easy homemade honey garlic sauce!
Add in some fresh veggies and a side of rice for a great weeknight meal!
Ingredients in Honey Garlic Chicken Sauce
Sweet, sticky, and jam-packed with flavor, everyone loves this recipe! The ingredients are items you likely have on hand and the flavor is so good!
All you need for this chicken sauce are:
- soy sauce
- cider vinegar
This recipe begs for new ideas, doesn’t it? Serve the cooked chicken pieces over rice pilaf, jasmine rice, Udon noodles, or even homemade noodles!
CHICKEN Chicken thighs are such a popular cut of chicken because dark meat is so juicy and flavorful. But breasts, wings, and chicken thighs will work for this recipe as well.
VARIATIONS Add a few sautéed pieces of chopped broccoli and cauliflower, water chestnuts, or snow peas! Shredded carrots and bean sprouts would also be a delicious addition.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Mix Honey Garlic Sauce: Assemble the sauce ingredients and set them aside.
- Bake Chicken: Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and bake. Flip after 25 minutes.
- Thicken Sauce: Make a slurry by combining equal parts cornstarch and water. Add to juices to thicken.
- Veggies – steamed broccoli, stir fry, bok choy; something fresh
- Rice – Easy Oven Baked Rice or brown rice
- Kung Pao Shrimp – with a spicy kick
- General Tso’s Chicken – sweet & spicy
- Sweet and Sour Pork – loaded with fresh veggies
- Baked Tofu – marinated & oven-baked
- Easy Mongolian Beef – 5 star dish
- Easy Homemade Chow Mein – ready in 25 minutes
- Honey Garlic Chicken – so easy to make
Did your family love this Honey Garlic Chicken recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup water + 1 tablespoon
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine honey, water, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic.
- Place chicken skin side down in a baking dish. Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes. Flip chicken over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and pour juices into a small saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Bring pan juices to a boil and slowly add cornstarch while whisking until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with green onions if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)