My daughter absolutely LOVES corn dogs but they aren’t something she gets to have very often! I was surprised how easy it is to make your own homemade corn dogs!
Drop a tiny piece of your batter into the oil first to make sure it bubbles. If the oil isn’t hot enough your corn dog will be greasy.
Click print here ↓
Homemade Mini Corn Dogs
- 1 package hot dogs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 16 Wooden Skewers
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk just until mixed. Transfer mixture to tall glass or mason jar.
- Preheat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cut hot dogs in half and insert skewers. Dip each in batter until well coated. Rotate to allow excess to drip off.
- Fry corn dogs one or two at a time until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!