Grape salad is a quick and versatile side dish or dessert that the adults love as much as the kids. It’s sweet, refreshing, and irresistible! A simple combination of juicy grapes, whipped topping and crushed pecans makes the most delicious addition to any potluck meal.
Grape salad is best made ahead so it’s great to take along to events!
How To Make Grape Salad
Don’t you just love those dishes that are quick and easy to prepare, yet still manage to win rave reviews? That’s what this grape salad recipe delivers, it’s literally as easy as 1,2,3.
- Wash and halve grapes.
- Mix the creamy base.
- Stir everything together.
This grape salad recipe is incredibly versatile. Instead of the pecans, you could substitute walnuts, cashews or any nut you prefer.
If you’d prefer you can make this grape salad with marshmallow creme or even vanilla yogurt with a couple tablespoons of brown sugar mixed in! I use whipped topping because it’s quick and easy but you can make Whipped Cream (be sure to add sweetener to it).
How Long Does Grape Salad Last in the Fridge
Grape salad tastes best when it’s chilled, so keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. If you use Cool Whip topping or yogurt, then it will keep a couple days in the refrigerator.
If you use real whipped cream, either from a can or homemade, then plan to serve your grape salad with pecans the same day. Whipped cream loses its fluffiness quite quickly after it is mixed with fruit, and if it lingers too long in the refrigerator, it will turn soupy.
What To Serve with Grape Salad: Grape salad is so refreshing and light, it’s a perfect dessert for any lunch or dinner, any time of year. But sometimes you want something sweet as a side dish on your plate. Serve it with something savory, like ribs, or grilled chicken breasts!
Find More Sweet Salads
- Ambrosia Salad – aka 5 cup salad, this classic is so easy to make!
- Millionaire Cranberry Salad – kids love this
- Waldorf Salad – classic
- Watergate Salad – creamy and delicious!
- Cranberry Waldorf Salad – fun twist on the waldorf salad
- 4 cups seedless grapes halved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping such as cool whip
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped topping.
- Add grapes and pecans.
- Stir to combine.