This grape salad recipe is a creamy fresh fruit salad with a crunchy topping.
Fresh grapes are tossed in a simple sweetened cream cheese mixture and topped with crushed pecans and brown sugar.
This dish is best made ahead of time so it’s great for almost any gathering.
An Easy Dessert Salad
Grown-ups and kids alike love this sweet, crunchy, fruit-based salad!
- Six ingredients and three steps? Yes, please!
- Grape salad is ready in one bowl in less than 10 minutes!
- Serve it as a side dish or a dessert.
- This recipe is potluck perfect since grape salad is best made ahead of time.
Ingredients in Grape Salad
Grapes – Choose seedless red grapes or green grapes (I use both if I can find them). We prefer smaller grapes for this recipe, if the grapes are really large cut them in half.
Dressing – The grapes are tossed in a sweet creamy dressing. We find full fat cream cheese gives the best flavor. Brown sugar adds sweetness while whipped topping lightens the texture. Fresh whipped cream can be added in place of whipped topping.
Garnish – Finely chopped pecans (and a sprinkle of brown sugar) add a nutty sweet crunch to this grape salad. Swap them out for Walnuts (or any kind of nuts you have) if you’d prefer or use candied nuts, no brown sugar needed.
- Swap the whipped topping for marshmallow creme or even vanilla yogurt with a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar mixed in!
- For a less sweet salad, replace the whipped topping with Greek yogurt.
- Try other extracts in place of vanilla extract (maple or rum are great choices).
- Add in some chopped candy bars like Snickers or Butterfingers if you’d like.
How To Make Grape Salad
- Mix cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Stir in whipped topping, brown sugar, and vanilla per the recipe below.
- Toss with grapes and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle with the topping before serving.
Kitchen Tips for Grape Salad
- Use seedless grapes.
- If the grapes are very large (or if you will be serving kids) cut the grapes in half lengthwise.
- Ensure cream cheese is at room temperature ad mix with an electric mixer for best results.
- If time allows, toast the pecans in a dry non-stick pan until golden and fragrant. This adds extra flavor.
Grape salad tastes best when it’s chilled, so keep it in the fridge until ready to serve. If using whipped topping or yogurt, then leftovers will keep up to a few days in the refrigerator.
If using real whipped cream, this salad is best served the same day. While the salad will still taste great, the whipped cream may not hold up and it can get watery.
More Dessert Salad Recipes
Did everyone love this Grape Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Creamy Grape Salad Recipe
- 4 cups whole seedless grapes green, purple, or both
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup whipped topping such as cool whip
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Mix in whipped topping.
- Add grapes to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with pecans and additional brown sugar if desired.
- Make sure the grapes are seedless.
- If the grapes are very large (or if you will be serving kids) I would suggest cutting the grapes in half lengthwise.
- Ensure cream cheese is room temperature so it mixes smooth and fluffy.
- Mix the topping with an electric mixer for best results.
- Toast the pecans in a dry non-stick pan until golden and fragrant. This intensifies their flavor and makes them extra crunchy!
- This recipe can be doubled.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.