Snickers Salad is a fun little treat that will absolutely get people talking, eating, and asking you for the recipe! It is a whipped pudding base with crunchy fruit and chocolate mixed in for the perfect balance.
Like this easy banana pudding, this easy pudding style dessert is so unique and full of flavor! It is a great recipe for a crowd, especially since it is so easy to make!
What is a Snicker Salad?
Is it a dessert or a side dish? It can be either one! I don’t know who named it a salad but… does that make it acceptable for dinner? Snicker salad is a statewide staple in Iowa and definitely potluck and party-ready!
Similar to a grape salad, this has a creamy base (made with pudding and whipped topping) is combined with apples, grapes and chopped up Snicker’s candy bars.
What Can I Add to Snicker Salad?
Snicker salad lends itself to a lot of tasty mix-ins!
- Fruit: sliced strawberries, blueberries, dried cherries, lemon or lime zest
- Nuts: sliced almonds, pecans, candied walnuts
- Sweets: mini marshmallows, chocolate chips
How to Make Snicker Salad
With a handful of ingredients and just 3 simple steps, this salad is so easy to make!
- Whisk pudding and milk together and cool in the refrigerator until thickened. Stir in the whipped topping.
- Cut snickers candy bars and fruit into bite-sized chunks.
- Gently fold into the pudding and whipped topping mixture.
Add in any additional ingredients and chill for one hour before serving.
How Long Does it Last?
Snickers salad will last about 4 days in the refrigerator before it starts to get mushy. Be sure it is in an airtight container until you are ready to eat again.
To refresh, gently stir it up and a dash of lemon juice will help refresh the flavors. It’s not a good idea to freeze snicker salad since the ingredients don’t thaw well.
Delicious Pudding Style Desserts
- Favorite Banana Pudding – classic no-bake!
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding – great to make-ahead
- Tapioca Pudding – ready in under 30 mins!
- Creamy Rice Pudding – rich & creamy
- Easy Bread Pudding – simple classic
- 1 box 3.4 oz vanilla pudding mix, or butterscotch pudding
- ⅔ cup milk
- 12 ounces whipped topping defrosted
- 6 Snickers candy bars
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1 cup green grapes halved
- Combine pudding and milk and whisk for 2 minutes. Refrigerate until thickened, about 3 minutes. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut candy bars and apples into bite-sized pieces and halve grapes then fold into the mixture.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.