Garlic Herb Compound Butter. Fresh garlic and herbs make a delicious compound butter. Perfect for steaks, corn on the cob or to spread on fresh bread!
If you’ve never made a compound butter before, you’re going to totally love this! Compound butter is just a fancy way to say butter flavored with add ins… and the add ins can be sweet (like in this Whipped Strawberry Butter) or savory like in this recipe for Garlic Herb Compound Butter!
Not only is compound butter easy to make, it looks beautiful. I roll the softened mixed butter in plastic wrap and refrigerate it. Once it’s completely chilled it can be sliced making gorgeous rounds of butter. Compound butter can elevate even the simplest of dishes and is perfect on steaks!
This Garlic Herb Compound Butter is loaded with fresh herbs and garlic. I always include lots of parsley as a base and then add in a couple of tablespoons of other fresh herbs. You can use any herb depending on what is growing in your garden or what herbs you use most. The butter in these photos has parsley, basil and rosemary which makes it the perfect compound butter for steaks or roasted potatoes. I’ve used this butter for everything from garlic bread to corn on the cob and fresh vegetables.
Garlic Herb Compound Butter for Steak
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs basil, oregano, rosemary etc
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Twist ends to seal well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Slice into rounds and enjoy on steaks, vegetables or bread.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)