This one-pot creamy Mushroom Rice recipe is a perfect complement to beef, chicken, pork and even fish! Made with pantry staples, this side dish is always at your fingertips.
Just one can of cream of mushroom soup as the base, some instant rice and some broth or water and you’ve got a side dish that will be on your menu rotation all year long!
How to Make Mushroom Rice
This creamy mushroom rice dish is ready in just 2 simple steps.
- Combine ingredients (except rice) in a stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and bring back up to a boil. Once boiling, cover, and remove from heat.
Let stand for 5 to 6 minutes and then fluff with a fork. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
What to Serve with Mushroom Rice
Since mushroom rice is such an amazingly versatile side dish, try pairing it with these main dishes for a delicious and satisfying meal any day!
- Baked chicken thighs or a juicy baked chicken breast.
- Or try this delicious meatloaf recipe.
- For pork, this side dish pairs perfectly with a balsamic pork loin recipe.
How to Store Leftover Rice
Mushroom rice can be easily stored for another night by putting it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
To freeze it, place the rice in a zippered bag and label it with the date. Store it flat and then once it is frozen, store it upright (like books in a bookshelf) to save freezer space.
To thaw it easily in the fridge or microwave and reheat on the stove or in the microwave. Refresh the flavors by adding a dash of salt and pepper and serve!
Easy Rice Side Dishes
- Easy Rice Pilaf – tasty one-pot meal
- Parmesan Risotto – creamy rice dish
- Cilantro Lime Rice– colorful & tasty
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto – extra creamy
- Garlic Butter Rice – full of flavor!
- Our Favorite Mushroom Rice – so versatile!
Easy Mushroom Rice
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice or Minute Rice
- 10 ½ ounces cream of mushroom soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring cream of mushroom soup, water/broth and garlic powder to a boil.
- Stir in rice and once boiling, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!