Crisp and delicious restaurant-style home fries are easy to make in the air fryer!
Why We Love Air Fryer Home Fries
- We use way less oil making them healthier (and equally delicious).
- They can be made-to-order in minutes!
- Even frozen potatoes can be used just by adjusting the cook times!
We like russet potatoes for this recipe because they are a high-starch potato. When they are cooked, the texture inside is fluffy while the outside becomes crisp.
PEPPERS & ONIONS
The colorful flavorful addition of onions and peppers with a touch of garlic powder & seasoned salt gives this breakfast side a definite thumbs up!
Try a combination of baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, even bacon bits to transform this recipe into a whole new dish!
Bacon grease can sub out for the butter for a savory flavor!
How to Cook Home Fries in the Air Fryer
The potatoes cook a bit longer than the peppers and onions, this keeps the veggies from overcooking.
- Peel potatoes, (if desired) cut into chunks, and toss in oil with recipe seasonings.
- Put potatoes in air fryer basket and fry according to recipe.
- Toss onions and peppers in melted butter & add to fryer basket. Continue frying until veggies are tender and potatoes are crispy & golden brown.
What to Serve Air Fryer Home Fries With
Potatoes make the perfect side dish to any meal!
- For breakfast, we like a Denver egg casserole. Try some eggs benedict, and maybe a side of summer fruit salad.
- For a spectacular feast, add a dozen or so of morning glory muffins, and don’t forget a pitcher of mimosas!
- Ketchup, salsa, or buffalo sauce are all perfect for dipping!
More Air Fryer Sides
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – golden crispy
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus – quick to make
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Did your family love these Air Fryer Home Fries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Home Fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper red or green, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Peel potatoes (if desired) and cut into ½" chunks.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, seasoned salt & garlic powder.
- Add to the air fryer basket and cook at 380°F for 15 minutes.
- Combine onion, bell pepper and butter. Add to the air fryer, reduce heat to 340°F and cook an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables and potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!