Light and fluffy, this DIY pancake mix is the perfect pantry recipe! It’s easy and inexpensive to make your own pancake mix at home.
When you need a breakfast fix, simply add eggs & milk for the perfect fluffy flapjack!
Pancake mix is one of those things we always have on hand. My kids love pancakes and now that they’re older, they make their own. It’s really easy to make pancakes from scratch but it’s even easier to whip up a big batch mix using my favorite pancake mix recipe and you’ll have quick pancakes for weeks to come.
Just a few dry ingredients and you’ve got perfect mix for just pennies! In fact, most pre-made baking mixes are typically simply mixtures of very simple, common dry baking ingredients. The best part is you know exactly what’s in it, no strange ingredients here!
How to Make Pancake Mix
Start by mixing together the dry ingredients. These can stay in the pantry for a few months sealed in an air tight container!
When you’re ready to make your homemade pancakes, simple mix in a couple of eggs and some milk (and a dash of oil).
This pancake mix is very versatile and can be used to make blueberry pancakes (once placed on the griddle, drop a few blueberries onto the raw batter).
Add in your other favorite flavors:
- Mashed Bananas
- Chocolate Chips
- Bacon & Cheddar
- Fruit flavored yogurt (reduce the milk if using)
Items you’ll for this recipe
* Flour * Baking Powder * Storage Canister *
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Pancakes – Fall favorite!
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal – Great for weekdays
- Banana Breakfast Cookies – Kids love these!
Homemade Pancake Mix
DRY PANCAKE MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
TO MAKE PANCAKES
- 1 cup pancake mix above
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or oil
DRY PANCAKE MIX
- Combine all ingredients. (You can easily double or triple this part)
- Store tightly sealed in a cool dry place.
TO MAKE PANCAKES
- Preheat & lightly grease a griddle or pan over medium to high heat.
- Combine 1 cup of pancake mix with egg, milk & butter or oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter and cook until bubbles on the surface of the pancakes have popped (about 3-4 minutes). Flip and cook until the underside is light golden (another 1 – 2 minutes).
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)