This Creamy Crockpot Tortellini is a pasta dish the whole family will love! Made with sausage, spinach, tomatoes, cream cheese, and tortellini it is perfectly creamy & delicious.
Creamy pasta like crockpot tortellini is perfect for a rainy day indoors or after everyone gets home from work, school, or sports! Even better when served with a slice of garlic bread to soak up the extra sauce!
Slow Cooker Pasta Ingredients
A hearty blend of sausage, spinach, tomatoes, with cream cheese, and frozen tortellini, all cooked together in a crockpot and slow-cooked for a few hours. Just set it and forget it!
- If using frozen spinach, simply add to the slow cooker.
- If using fresh spinach, remove the stems before you toss it in the crockpot and chop finely.
- Ground sausage, beef, chicken, or Italian sausage links are also good in this recipe. Be sure to cook them first so you can drain any fat.
- This recipe uses frozen tortellini to ensure it doesn’t overcook. No need to thaw or pre-cook.
How to Make Crockpot Tortellini
The slow cooker is perfect for seemingly fancy recipes like Chicken Cacciatore or making easy, cheesy recipes like this one look like you worked all day!
- Brown sausage and onions (per recipe below).
- Drain and place the meat mixture and all the other ingredients in a 6 qt slow cooker.
It really IS that easy! You can even prepare it in advance and toss all the ingredients together while you do other things!
Do Not Overcook
In just a few hours this Crockpot sausage tortellini will be hot, bubbly, cheesy, and ready to serve! Tortellini doesn’t need long to cook, even right from frozen so be sure you check it after about 2 1/2 hours.
Once it’s done cooking, you’ll still see the cream cheese in cubes. Simply give it a stir until it’s all combined and creamy. Add some garlic bread, or croutons and a crisp green salad and dinner is served!
Saving/Reheating Creamy Crockpot Tortellini
If there’s any left, right? This awesome cheese tortellini and sausage entrée reheats perfectly on the stovetop or in the microwave! This is what makes it so great to take to work or school! It heats up super easy! Feel free to ‘freshen’ it up a bit with some salt and pepper or extra Italian seasoning.
Easy Crockpot Recipes
- Lasagna Soup – perfect weeknight dinner!
- Meatballs – tender & delicious ontop pasta!
- Lazy Crock Pot Lasagna – made with ravioli
- Mac and Cheese – comfort food at it’s best!
- Chicken and Noodle Soup – just 5 mins prep
- Crock Pot Sausage Pasta – so hearty!
Creamy Crockpot Tortellini
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- ½ small onion diced
- 3 ounces frozen spinach
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces frozen tortellini
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese optional
- Brown sausage and onion until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Place all ingredients in a 6qt slow cooker.
- Cook 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours on low. Once cooked through, stir until sauce is smooth.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.