Crispy Skillet Chicken
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chicken is probably one of my favorite dishes of all time. The possibilities are endless!
This chicken is surprisingly easy yet looks very impressive! Bone-in chicken thighs crisp up beautifully while the meat stays tender and juicy! This recipe is a perfect example of simple ingredients creating an amazing dish. Be sure to spoon some of the flavorful juices over top of the chicken before serving.
Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lemon , thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large 12" cast iron skillet.
- Generously season chicken with salt & pepper. Place skin side down in the skillet. Cook 2 minutes and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Chop rosemary needles and sprinkle over chicken. Add lemon slices between thighs. Continue cooking on medium-high for 10 minutes.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven and cook an additional 12 minutes. Flip chicken over, skin side up and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, spoon juices over top and rest 5 minutes. Serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)