Crisp Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 3/4 pound butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy
- Cream in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix together all remaining ingredients except the raisins.
- With the mixer on, add the oat mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Drop tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.