Potato salad is just one of the recipes that everyone loves. It’s easy to make ahead of time and can contain lots of different additions (like bacon and cheese)!
This is one of my favorite potato salad recipes of all time! It’s rich and creamy and loaded with fresh dill. I love the flavor of fresh dill… it just screams SUMMER to me!! A perfect side for any BBQ or picnic!
If you’re looking for a lightened up version of potato salad, this recipe is very easy to adapt! You can replace 2/3 of the mayo with Greek yogurt and it is delicious! (Nobody will ever know! ;) . I actually substitute Greek yogurt for part of the mayo into most creamy recipes and it works perfectly! I start with about 2/3 mayo to 1/3 yogurt and make adjustments from there!
Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- 3 pounds potatoes white or red skinned
- 1 ½ cups celery diced
- 3 tablespoons green onion finely sliced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise I use Hellman’s Light
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Boil the potatoes until tender (approx. 15-20 minutes). Cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the potatoes.
- Combine cooled potatoes with dill mixture and refrigerate at least one hour.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.