Cola Chicken is not only easy to prepare dinner, it’s a delicious twist on everyday chicken! This is the perfect recipe for chicken thighs or wings!
The cola in the sauce not only adds great flavor, it also helps tenderize the chicken making this dish extra tasty. Once thickened, this sauce is awesome served over rice with a side of steamed veggies!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Chicken * Coca Cola * Skillet *
- 1 can 12oz cola (regular or diet)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 skinless bone-in chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook just until browned on each side (about 5 minutes).
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, and simmer an additional 30-35 minutes turning chicken occasionally until chicken is cooked through and has reached 180 degrees.
- Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love