Cherry Cheesecake Coffee Cake is a total dream dessert! Cheesecake is one of my all time favorites and the first dessert I always choose. There’s just something magical about that rich creamy base topped with a sweet tart cherry pie filling. This recipe adds in a delicious buttery coffee cake base under layers of cherry cheesecake and a little bit of streusel topping for a real taste of heaven!
Now you can have your cake and eat your cheesecake too!
The thing about coffee cake is that… well, it’s COFFEE cake and coffee is for breakfast so technically I think this cake is an acceptable breakfast right?! Are you with me on this?
I’ve used Cherry Pie filling in this cake you can certainly substitute it with your favorite pie filling like blueberry or peach.
This dessert makes for a VERY full baking pan. You’ll be fine if you’re using a 9″ round springform pan however if you are using a 9×9 square pan, you’ll want to make sure the edges are at least 2″ high to avoid leaking over the sides as this bakes. I lined my 9×9 pan with a large piece of parchment paper leaving some overhang on each side. This makes the cake easy to remove from the pan and cut but also helps eliminate drips. Do not use a smaller pan than a 9×9 or it will overflow.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Cherry Cheesecake Coffee Cake
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¾ cup cold butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese (not spreadable)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom & sides of a 9" springform pan or Line a 9x9 pan (must be at least 2" deep) with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar & lemon zest in a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Remove ⅔ cup of this mixture and set aside.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and salt to the remaining crumb mixture. Mix in egg, sour cream or yogurt and vanilla. Press into prepared pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, egg, lemon juice and sugar until well mixed. Pour over crust. Top with cherry pie filling. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Adapted from Taste of Home 2014
More Recipes You’ll Love