Cheeseburger stuffed meatballs are the ultimate tailgating snack! Juicy beef meatballs are stuffed with cheese and baked crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. Serve them with lettuce, tomato, and pickles and of course a great selection of dips for rave reviews!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but all opinions are my own.
Cheeseburger anything is a family favorite around here. From Cheeseburger Macaroni to bacon cheeseburger soup, we always find a way to enjoy the classic cheesy, beefy, savory goodness of burgers!
Tailgating season is always busy, and full of delicious food.
Time Saving Tip: Walmart.com has NextDay Delivery meaning just hop online, order your groceries and they show up on your doorstep the very next day! It’s a huge time saver! Don’t forget the Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise for this stuffed cheeseburger recipe. Talk about easy!
Homemade meatballs are a go-to for appetizers and these juicy cheese stuffed meatballs are a favorite for everyone! With all the flavor of your favorite hamburger in a bite sized snack, take them to the next level with the perfect dipping sauces like Hellmann’s Spicy Dipping Sauce or Burger Sauce.
The real secret to keeping the cheese inside the meatballs is, of course, to make sure the cheese is sealed inside. The smoother the meat mixture, the better it seals the cheese for ultimate gooey goodness.
Tips for Juicy Stuffed Meatballs
- Adding Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise to the meat mixture adds flavor and moisture while making the meat mixture smooth (keeping all of the cheese inside)
- Grate the onions to get lots of flavor while still keeping the mixture smooth
- Don’t overmix the meat mixture, gently combine so you don’t get tough meatballs
- Bake on a rack (or grill) to allow fat to drip away
To Make Ahead
The convenience of ordering groceries with NextDay Delivery at Walmart.com means I can get everything done well ahead of time including prepping the meatballs for tailgating!
To make meatballs ahead of time:
- Combine meatball mixture per recipe
- Fill with cheese and roll into balls
- Refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen, simply place the meatballs in the refrigerator overnight to defrost. Once defrosted, and bake as directed.
- Bake as directed and keep warm in a slow cooker on low for serving
- Meatballs can be cooked on a grill over medium low heat until they reach 165°F.
- Serve these meatballs with Hellmann’s Spicy Dipping Sauce and Hellmann’s Burger Sauce
- Add fun toppings with skewers or put out a topping bar allowing guests to choose their own toppings.
To Make Dip
No good appetizer is complete without the perfect dips!
For convenient serving, be sure to add Hellmann’s Burger Sauce and Hellmann’s Spicy Dipping Sauce to your Walmart Next Day delivery order. If you’d like to create your own dip, you need just a couple of ingredients
- Mix 2 parts Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise with 1 part sour cream.
- Add your favorite seasonings, spices and add ins for a great dip
- Ideas: spices, sriracha, cheeses, onions, hot sauce, bacon bits, pickles etc.
More Tailgating Goodness
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – classic
- Garlic Parmesan Wings – a classic
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (Video) – with a kick!
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (Grilled) – perfect for grilling
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip (video) – make ahead
Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatballs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion grated *see note
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 6 cheddar cheese sticks cut into 4 pieces each
- pickles tomatoes, lettuce for topping
- Hellmann's Spicy Dipping Sauce & Hellmann's Burger Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all meatball ingredients except cheese. Divide into 24 even pieces.
- Wrap each meatball around a piece of cheese. Roll into a ball ensuring all of the cheese is completely covered mixture. Place on a parchment lined pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sliced pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and dipping sauces.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
my cheese is already grated ??what is amount i’d put in burger
I haven’t tried using pre-grated cheese so I can’t say for sure how it would work. I would start by trying 1 teaspoon of grated cheese and you can increase from there. If you try it I would love to hear how it turns out Marion!
These look delicious
They look good I’m to make them
All this food looks so good!!!!!!!
love these recipes
Thank you Pam, so happy you’ve enjoyed them!
I LOVE how I can add or take away on the serving size! everything looks delish! cannot wait to try these this week.
Let us know how they turn out if you try them, Lucy! :)
How do these taste if you are serving them as an appetizer and they get cold ? Any tips on keeping the meatball warm but the toppings crisp ? Lol
They taste great as they cool. If you’d like to keep them hot and keep the toppings crisp you could keep them warm in a slow cooker and have skewers prepared with the toppings already on them. Your guests would just need to grab a skewer and poke a meatball out of the slow cooker.
We had these for a quick easy meal while watching football as a family. Big hit! Easy to make. Thanks for the share!
So glad you enjoyed them Susan!