This Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a step up from the classic grilled cheese! This version is made with soft thick bread, creamy brie and fresh blueberries making it totally irresistible!
Serve this for lunch, brunch or even breakfast with a fruit salad for the perfect meal.
Nothing says comfort food like a grilled cheese sandwich! In the Great Northwest, one of the absolute best farmers markets is, of course, Pike Place.
It is home to many regional specialties. You’ll find fresh local seafood, spices, teas, cured meats, fresh-baked bread, and of course Beecher’s Cheese and it is open all year round!
The market sells amazing handmade cheeses, perfect for snacking or charcuterie boards in the summer, and in the cooler months ingredients can be enjoyed in our favorite cozy comfort foods like mac and cheese or this amazing grilled cheese sandwich.
Nothing warms the belly like a grilled sandwich with soft thick bread cooked until golden and filled with heaps of melty cheese!
The Best Bread For Grilled Cheese
To build the perfect gourmet grilled cheese sandwich, you need the perfect bread! Sara Lee Artesano is the official bread of grilled cheese so of course it’s making an appearance in this recipe.
Artesano bread is sliced thick and it’s nice and soft however it’s firm enough to hold in all of your favorite goodies and fillings (and makes an amazing French toast).
This yummy bread is made with real butter and a touch of milk. It has no high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors or colors (and it’s the same bread we use in our favorite Pizza Grilled Cheese that so many of you have loved).
How To Make Brie Grilled Cheese
This may be the ultimate sandwich but it’s still as easy as 1, 2, 3 to prepare!
- Place two slices of Artesano bread, butter side down, in a skillet.
- Top with brie cheese and berries (and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese if you’d like).
- Cook both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden.
Rind or No Rind? Don’t be afraid to eat the rind on a wheel of Brie cheese. The rind imparts a buttery and tangy flavor to the cheese and perfectly complements the sweet, juicy blueberries. If you prefer, you can cut it off.
Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread is soft yet hearty enough to stand up to all kinds of additions from fresh fruits to jams and jellies. Here are some great alternatives to try!
- Blackberry, strawberry, peach, or apricot jam.
- Thinly sliced apple, pear, or peach slices.
- Sliced bacon, prosciutto, ham or turkey
Pick your favorite one, two, or even three toppings to create a totally unique grilled cheese!
- BLT Grilled Cheese – a classic combo
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese – perfect amount of spice!
- Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese – gooey, juicy & crunchy!
- Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich – two favs combined
Did you love this Blueberry Brie Grilled Cheese? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Blueberry Brie Grilled cheese
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- ½ cup blueberries blackberries or strawberries
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar optional
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter bread and place two slices butter side down in the skillet. Top with brie.
- Add berries and cheddar. Top with the second slice of bread, butter side out.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Use berries, thinly sliced peaches, pears or apples in this sandwich.
2 oz prosciutto or thinly shaved ham can be added.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!