Get ready for a delicious and easy-to-make frozen treat – chocolate-covered bananas!
With only three ingredients and a handful of fun toppings, these treats are perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re entertaining guests or looking for a sweet snack, these frozen bananas will be a hit!
Easy Chocolate Covered Bananas!
- Chocolate covered bananas are easy to make with only a few ingredients.
- This is a healthier sweet treat, perfect for kids or adults alike!
- Chocolate banana pops are a great way to use up ripe bananas, and they can be customized with any kind of toppings.
- Make a dessert station and line up the kids to ‘dip and roll’ their own desserts to enjoy later!
Ingredients and Variations
Bananas – Fresh, ripe bananas that are still firm make the best frozen chocolate bananas. Smaller bananas are easier to manage for smaller hands. Save the softer, older bananas for banana bread or banana breakfast cookies.
Chocolate – Buy good quality chocolate or chocolate chips for the best flavor. Dark chocolate is a perfect pair with sweet bananas, but any chocolate will work. For faster prep, use chocolate candy melts that don’t require any mixing with oil, simply heat them in the microwave.
How to Make Chocolate-Covered Bananas
- Prep bananas and insert a popsicle stick or lollypop stick into the cut end of each banana.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Dip banana into chocolate until fully covered and let excess drip off.
- Gently roll in desired toppings and freeze until ready to serve.
Since the bananas are frozen, the chocolate hardens fast so you’ll want to work quickly to get the toppings to stick!
Toppings for Chocolate Bananas
Anything goes, but plain chocolate-covered bananas are delicious too! Remember to add the toppings before the chocolate is set so they will adhere properly.
Our favorites are:
- Sprinkles, toasted coconut, chopped nuts
- Cookie crumbs (Oreos or Nutter Butter)
- Cereals like Fruity Pebbles or crushed Cap’n Crunch
- Crushed-up candy bars like Skor or Heath bits
How to Store
Keep frozen chocolate-covered bananas wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in zippered bags in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Did your kids love these Chocolate Covered Bananas? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 2 bananas
- 4 oz chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil can substitute butter
- coconut flakes
- nuts chopped
- crisp rice cereal or other crushed cereal
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel bananas, cut in half, and insert a stick into the cut side. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the desired toppings in shallow dishes or plates.
- When ready to dip the bananas, add chocolate and coconut oil to a shallow microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Continue heating, stirring at 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Working quickly, dip frozen bananas in chocolate, rolling to coat, and then quickly dip in the toppings.
- Place back on a baking sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.