Air Fryer turkey breast has extra crispy skin with tender, juicy meat and it’s very easy to make!
A turkey breast is a perfect way for a smaller crowd to enjoy a holiday meal but it’s also a great way to make turkey an everyday kind of meal!
Turkey Breast This recipe uses a single boneless turkey breast, about 2 pounds. You’ll want to ensure it is small enough to fit in the air fryer without touching the top of it.
Seasonings A little bit of olive oil helps with browning (and helps the seasonings stick). I keep it simple with some poultry seasoning and fresh herbs if you have them (and of course salt & pepper).
How Long to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer
Since you’ll be using a smaller breast to ensure it fits, this cooks fairly quickly (and needs less time than a whole chicken since it’s boneless).
Just like making oven-roasted turkey breast, you want the skin to crisp up while keeping the meat juicy.
I cook a 2 pound turkey breast for about 45 minutes. Keep in mind, cook time can vary based on the shape of your turkey breast (or the brand and size of your air fryer). A thinner flatter shape will cook through quicker while a thicker rounder turkey breast will need longer. I tested this recipe with various turkey breasts in a 5.8qt Cosori air fryer.
Check It Early
The great thing about an air fryer is that you can easily open it up and check the temperature of the turkey breast a bit early to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F on a thermometer. A thermometer is a very inexpensive investment to ensure the meat is always cooked to juicy perfection without overcooking!
Tips for Juicy Turkey
- Do not overcook.
- Use a thermometer to ensure it reaches 165°F.
- Check the turkey breast early, air fryers can vary (and the shape of the turkey breast can also change cook time slightly).
- Rest 5-10 minutes before cutting. Be sure to remove it from the air fryer basket while resting.
Favorite Sides for Turkey
- Easy Turkey Gravy
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Stuffing Recipe
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Broccoli Rice Casserole from Scratch
- Sweet Potato Casserole
Did you love this Air Fryer Turkey Breast? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 1 boneless turkey breast 2-2 ½ pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs* optional
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Rub turkey breast with olive oil and season with poultry seasoning, kosher salt & black pepper.
- Place turkey breast in the air fryer, skin side down.
- Cook 20 minutes. Flip the turkey breast over, skin side up and cook an additional 25-30 minutes or until it reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the basket and rest 10 minutes before slicing.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)