How to Make Strawberry Roses
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it and SHARE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
WOW! These are strawberry roses are gorgeous and you won’t believe how easy they are to make! You will need about 2 minutes per strawberry… yes, they are that easy!
For the rose stems, I purchased roses at the dollar store and used those as my stems. You can use skewers or lollipop sticks as well. I recommend placing the stick or stem into the strawberry before you begin so you don’t crush the leaves once it’s done.
These make a beautiful addition to a fruit plate or would be perfect for a bridal shower or Valentine’s day (you can even make them chocolate dipped)! The kids would also love them as a special snack dipped in whipped cream!
Things you’ll need for this recipe:
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS IN THIS POST ARE COPYRIGHT OF ©SPENDWITHPENNIES
- Large fresh strawberries
- Lollipop sticks or plastic rose stems
- Small sharp paring knife
- Wash and completely dry your strawberries. Insert the lollipop stick or rose stem in the bottom of each strawberry. (If you do it after they're cut it squishes the petals).
- Starting at the bottom, cut "petals" slightly angled towards the center of the strawberry but don't cut all the way through. You want to cut about ¼" down on the first row on the bottom. (I was able to get about 5-6 "petals" on the bottom row).
- Using the knife, gently bend each cut piece out so it can slightly curl out creating a petal shape.
- With the remaining rows, it works best to cut as close to the skin/red as possible as the piece will curl out better. Start the next row of petals going in between the petals you have already cut.
- Continue all of the way to the top. Serve immediately.