This is awesome Macaroni & Cheese!
Not only is it homemade from scratch but it is just as fast as making the boxed kind! While the noodles are boiling you can stir together your sauce ingredients!
Eggs may be an unconventional ingredient in a typical macaroni & cheese but they make the sauce rich and creamy (with no ‘eggy’ flavor) … and you don’t have to use flour.
Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz Half & Half Cream (or light cream)
- 4 oz milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 10 oz sharp cheddar cheese (approx. 2 1/2 cups)
- Cook macaroni noodles just until al dente (still slightly firm). Drain well (do not rinse).
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream, milk, eggs, dry mustard, pepper and salt.
- Place macaroni back into the pot and reduce heat to medium low. Add butter and stir until melted. Add in cream mixture and cheese. Stir until hot and creamy, about 3 minutes.