Roasted Vegetable Feta Pasta is a colorful take on the world-famous Feta Pasta recipe.
A block of feta is baked with fresh summer veggies. Once roasted it’s all stirred together with pasta for a quick and creamy feta sauce!
As much as we enjoy it during the summer months, this feta pasta recipe is also a warm comforting meal for those chilly winter nights.
Why We Love This Dish
- It’s jam-packed with fresh veggies (and flavor).
- It’s super simple to prep yet tastes like a gourmet meal.
- The fresh tomato and veggies add freshness next to the salty flavor of feta.
- Any veggies you have on hand can be added to this dish (just don’t skip the tomatoes!).
- Everything can be prepared well ahead of time and baked just before eating.
This is a version of the dish I created after making the original several times. If you’ve ever been on TikTok I’m sure you have seen a version of the basic Baked Feta Pasta. This recipe was originally created by Jenni at Liemessa in Finnland. There’s good reason this dish has graced the kitchens of millions of people.
PASTA Use any medium pasta such as rotini to penne or even farfalle.
FETA Feta is a salty and tangy Greek cheese that is usually stored in a brine. Don’t be concerned that the feta doesn’t seem to melt like other types of cheeses when it is heated.
THE VEGETABLES This recipe calls for all those great summer vegetables but use whatever you have or love.
BASIL Instead of adding only the basil, try our homemade pesto sauce and toss this in after all the other steps have been completed.
ADD-INS Chicken and shrimp are also great additions to this recipe. Or add a squeeze of lemon juice with the basil.
How to Make Feta Pasta
- Toss sliced veggies with oil & seasonings.
- Place in a baking dish & nestle a block of feta in the middle of the vegetables and bake (per recipe below).
- Once baked stir the feta and veggies.
- Mix in the pasta & some of the pasta water. Top with basil & salt.
Tips for Perfect Pasta
- Don’t forget to save one cup of pasta water. Pasta water will help the feta sauce bind to the pasta and make the sauce the right consistency.
- Remember to cook the noodles al dente so they don’t overcook while baking!
- Adding salt to the pasta water will give the noodles more flavor. It also makes the water boil faster and reach a higher temperature.
Feta pasta will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. It can be reheated or even eaten cold. This dish isn’t recommended for freezing, but it’s so delish that the leftovers will get eaten up too quickly anyway.
More Pasta Meals
- 15 Minute Mac and Cheese – a quick weeknight dinner
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo – so rich & creamy
- Easy Baked Mostaccioli – freezer friendly
- Farfalle with Creamy Bacon Sauce – easy yet elegant
- Cheesy Ground Turkey Pasta – a one-pot wonder
- Creamy Garlic Pasta – budget-friendly
Did you enjoy this Roasted Vegetable Feta Pasta? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Vegetable Feta Pasta
- 8 ounce block of feta cheese room temperature
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into thick moons
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper chopped
- ¼ sweet onion slivered
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 ounces cooked pasta with reserved pasta water
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings in a 9x13 baking dish. Nestle the block of feta into the middle of the veggies.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir the vegetables and roast an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Broil 2-3 minutes to lightly brown the cheese.
- While the tomatoes are baking, cook pasta al dente in salted water. Drain but be sure to reserve at least 1 cup of water.
- Gently stir the feta and vegetables in the baking dish.
- Mix in pasta adding enough pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- Stir in fresh basil, season with salt & pepper to taste, and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)