This is an awesome pasta recipe that the whole family will love!
These pizza stuffed pasta shells are filled with a beef and pepperoni filling topped with mozzarella cheese and more delicious pepperoni! This bakes up delicious with a gooey cheesy topping!
Using a high quality pizza sauce makes a big difference in this recipe. Eden Brand is my favorite one, it has a great fresh flavor and I usually buy it in a can. Most grocery stores carry it (and it’s sometimes in the organic area).
I added green pepper & pepperoni to this recipe because those are toppings we like… if you have other toppings you love, this recipe is extremely versatile… substitute sausage for the beef, throw in some mushrooms or olives, replace the pepperoni with ham! Make this your own… I’d love to hear your ideas!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
Pizza Stuffed Shells
- 15-18 jumbo pasta shells
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni chopped and divided
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cup good quality pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook shells el dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium pan, brown ground beef, onion, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add ¾ of the pepperoni and cook about 3 minutes. Finally, add in green pepper, oregano and tomato. Cook about 3 minutes or until green pepper is slightly softened. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Fill each shell with the pepperoni mixture (approx 1 ½ tablespoons) and place in a baking dish.
- Top with pizza sauce. Cover with foil and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and add remaining mozzarella cheese and remaining pepperoni. Return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)