Pineapple Crock Pot Baked Beans make for a one of a kind delicious side dish for your next BBQ or potluck. The recipe comes together in a flash and it is likely to disappear quickly as your friends and family will absolutely need a second helping!
I love baked beans, they’re pretty much a staple for every BBQ or cookout around here and this Pineapple Crock Pot Baked Beans recipe is one of our favorites. Delicious beans with tidbits of juicy pineapple, bacon, green peppers and onions cook up effortlessly in the slow cooker!
You can start this recipe in the morning and go about your day without having to check back in on the beans. That alone makes it an ideal summer recipe for me! I prefer to spend summer afternoons on the deck and not in my kitchen!
You can adjust sweetness with more or less molasses depending on your baked bean preferences. If you don’t have dijon you can use regular mustard and the recipe will still taste great! Not only can this recipe be modified, but it also it goes well with every kind of cook out food possible! From burgers and steaks to chicken or even over toast, pineapple crock pot baked beans will complement the meal perfectly.
If you prefer thicker baked beans, leave the lid off of the slow cooker for the last 30-45 minutes of cook time. If the beans get too thick while sitting on warm, stir in a little bit of hot water to get right consistency.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
PINEAPPLE CROCK POT BAKED BEANS
- 1 large 28 oz can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 small 16 oz can baked beans
- 1 can 15 oz kidney or northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 large can 20 oz pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 5-6 dashes hot sauce Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- salt & pepper
- Chop raw bacon and fry over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain grease leaving about 2 tablespoons in the pan. Cook onion in bacon grease until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in a 6 qt slow cooker and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours. If you prefer thicker baked beans, leave the lid off of the slow cooker for the last 30-45 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)