This frosting is creamy, fluffy, and the perfect topping for everything from cupcakes to waffles!
Five ingredients that you probably already have and 3 steps are all it takes to make this rich cream peanut butter frosting recipe!
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
- This easy peanut butter icing recipe will elevate even the simplest baked goods into bakery-worthy bites!
- It’s light and rich at the same time with lots of peanut butter flavor, it uses ingredients you likely have on hand!
- Sweet but not overly so, this is a peanut butter butter frosting recipe perfect for chocolate cake, cookies, and more!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter – Use regular peanut butter and avoid the ‘natural’ brands that tend to separate easily. Creamy or crunchy is up to the cook as either will work in this recipe!
- Butter – Use unsalted butter in this recipe. I usually add a pinch of salt to frosting but the peanut butter will already contain a little bit.
- Powdered Sugar – Also known as confectioners’ sugar, it is added for consistency and sweetness.
- Milk – Milk (or heavy cream) gives this frosting just the right texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds flavor.
Variations – Add a little cocoa powder for a new layer of flavor.
How to Make Peanut Butter Frosting
- Beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla (as per the recipe below).
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
Ways to Use Peanut Butter Icing
Best Way to Store Peanut Butter Frosting
Keep leftover peanut butter frosting in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month. Use leftover frosting to make molasses cookie sandwiches, or spread some up into a pumpkin roll.
Did your family love this Peanut Butter Frosting? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl, add the butter and peanut butter. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time until smooth and fluffy. You may not need all of the powdered sugar.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.